It can't be true...

I went to Petsmart to get Ruby a snowman outfit (Rocky has Santa but I didn't have anything for Ruby) and I walked past what I thought was a hypo dragon. Please say that it isn't so. I then took a closer look and I couldn't see past the poor condition/care.
He looked so sad. I should've taken a picture.
It was the gray one---is that possible or was I seeing things?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It is possible. Hypo is recessive and both parents have to pass the gene, but it can happen even in an otherwise "normal" dragon. 🐉

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I misspoke just a bit. One parent can pass a recessive gene like hypo, but it takes both parents for it to display. If just one parent has a gene the babies have the possibility to be het for it. It has to be proved out by breeding into a know carrier.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
What was I thinking- I have the picture but only one. here you are...
Disclaimer - it doesnt look healthy to me.

Attachments

• 20231125_094014.jpg
    20231125_094014.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 46

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
It's hard to see in the pic but the back foot looks to have clear naild. It also looks like a leatherback. And i agree it don't look great. Poor thing 😔

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I will go check on it today or tomorrow and try to get a better shot of it.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I went to Petsmart to get Ruby a snowman outfit (Rocky has Santa but I didn't have anything for Ruby) and I walked past what I thought was a hypo dragon. Please say that it isn't so. I then took a closer look and I couldn't see past the poor condition/care.
He looked so sad. I should've taken a picture.
It was the gray one---is that possible or was I seeing things?
I saw one there just like that once, it was a pretty grey dragon… I’d have loved to bring it home, but one dragon is my limit right now

I also saw some great finds at my local reptile store, they were selling a hypo red beardie (so pretty) and a leatherback of the sorts for the same price as their regulars.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Are you planning on taking him home?

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Are you planning on taking him home?
OMG I just asked you what I should do?!!!
I think I can fix him right up---It's most likely the lighting.
Remember, I don't stack my enclosures-
Will I have one in every room? LOL
Rocky bobbed at me today because I closed the blinds on him. If it's not a girl, I don't want it LOL
This house is TRULY unbalanced.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
If you do bring it home, be sure to quarantine it till you know for sure why it looks sick. There are some really nasty stuff that can be contagious. Adv for instance. Wash up every time you handle it or it's accessories. It would be a tragedy to infect Rocky and Ruby with something.
That being said I'm not trying to influence ya in any way, that baby looks like it needs attention, just a P.S.A just in case 🙂

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I didn't go back again. I didn't think about him after a day or so - that mean he wasn't for me.
The other part of that is Rocky is up. The world stops when Rocky is up. I was late for work, I should probably do something else--- Oh I am a haf hour behind on cutting the tv on for Ruby WOW but I am in Rockyland

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I didn't go back again. I didn't think about him after a day or so - that mean he wasn't for me.
The other part of that is Rocky is up. The world stops when Rocky is up. I was late for work, I should probably do something else--- Oh I am a half hour behind on cutting the tv on for Ruby WOW but I am in Rockyland
I am back and Ruby was NOT happy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom