is this an ok method?

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
my bearded dragon is around 2 and a half months old and will not touch his salads. ive tried bee pollen, bsfl, dubias, canned crickets, colorful fruits and veggies and he just wont eat them. with the fruits and veggies normally if i set them down in front of him he will eat them but not the greens. i know when they are small they dont need a lot of greens but he wont touch them at all. today i remembered the method that people use to give their dragons water where they pull down the bottom lip and thought i would try that with food. i got him to eat like 3 pieces of his greens doing that before i stopped to make sure i didnt make him upset. when i do this so far he doesnt really squirm away or anything like that so i dont see why this method would be a problem but i figured i would ask just to make sure.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
my bearded dragon is around 2 and a half months old and will not touch his salads. ive tried bee pollen, bsfl, dubias, canned crickets, colorful fruits and veggies and he just wont eat them. with the fruits and veggies normally if i set them down in front of him he will eat them but not the greens. i know when they are small they dont need a lot of greens but he wont touch them at all. today i remembered the method that people use to give their dragons water where they pull down the bottom lip and thought i would try that with food. i got him to eat like 3 pieces of his greens doing that before i stopped to make sure i didnt make him upset. when i do this so far he doesnt really squirm away or anything like that so i dont see why this method would be a problem but i figured i would ask just to make sure.
You don't want to stress him out - just keep offering the salads- his main diet is protein so keep using your bsfl maybe a couple of small super worms every other day--

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
You don't want to stress him out - just keep offering the salads- his main diet is protein so keep using your bsfl maybe a couple of small super worms every other day--
it doesnt seem to bother him because he doesnt squirm or spit it out. i dont think he really even eats much out of his salad bowl so i dont know how much the bugs are helping.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom