Is Sleeping ALOT Normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
My 3 month old seems like he is ALWAYS sleeping. He has a good appetite and his temps are fine. He is generally active once he is out of his tank and explores and runs around, but when he is in it, he is basking/sleeping. The only time he seems to move around is when he visits his salad bowl, then goes back to basking. Are they naturally lazy? Or is this not exactly normal?

auntylolo

Extreme Poster
It sounds perfectly normal to me. Both my girls will move to get comfortable on the basking spot, go to their food bowls to eat, and then come back and plonk themselves back down! When they come out, they are both active, curious and generally very alert. They just don't like to do anything if they don't have to!

oh, i just re-read that he's only 3 months? My girls are adults, juvies should be more active. Can you clarify your initail post? Sleeping all the time is not normal, but chilling out and relaxing is. He prolly does alot when you're not watching :wink: :lol:

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the responce, I suppose I should clarify a bit more...

He is not exactly sleeping. He is just being VERY lazy and sometimes has his eyes closed but he is not asleep. When he actually sleeps I can move him around and pick him up and he wont even move. He sleeps like a log. But yeah, during the day he just basks and lays around.

He reminds me of a little old man. :lol:

Sp1ke

Hatchling Member
That's pretty much what they do LOL :D , my juvie only really moves when he's on the hunt! other than that he just lays there until you take him out and let him explore the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom