Is she alright now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragibun

Hello everyone.
My female who is 7-8 months old has recently laid eggs.
I have cleaned her vivarium after and fed her vegies and repashy for awhile.. she is also on worms and coccidia medication and Im worried about her.
Last night till morning she must have womited and pooped at the same time the repashy she ate. although her basking spot is same as ever Around 40C.
Normally she is white as always but since then she had black beard and half black tail.
Her head bobbing was quite different too. She would like slowly put her head down and sloooowly up. sometimes its just down and not up.
Now she is recovering and ate few canned crickets as im ordering new ones soon.
Only problem is.. she is hiding under log with her head and flat on her basking spot with a black beard..
Might she be grieving her eggs?
Can she be possibly stressed from the male which is above her in separate cage?.
(Its only her beard with tail not belly-now only beard)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, she is not grieving her eggs but is definitely ill. Vomiting + black beard are def. signs. Can you post pics of her ? Here's how :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then hit XIMG

If she's no better tomorrow you should find a qualified reptile vet to be sure she's not eggbound, with more eggs stuck in her. At her age she's very young to have been bred, not done growing yet so that may be a factor.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
As AHBD said she wouldn't grieve over eggs. Are you sure she laid them all? Maybe she's retained one or more.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Forgot to ask if the laid eggs were fertile. Unfertilized eggs have a higher rate of egg binding.

Dragibun

Original Poster
She laid 21 eggs all fertile.
She womited only once.. next day her poop was small as she didnt eat much. And didnt womit whole day. only gapping while hiding in her cooler area in the evening time for few minutes.. I changed my uvb today so it might be it too.
I have also felt through her belly and it doesnt seem like any eggs are left.

And her womit was looking like she ate too much at some point, cause she womitted out whole pieces and it was combined with poop at the same time on the spot so thats what I thought. When she ate today her beard was normal whiteish yellow for a bit :) so Im very confused. Even so her belly doesnt have stress marks.. she black bearded couple times before when she saw the male..also to mention I recall my daughter taking her out a bit too early before she could hide the eggs.. about half way hiding process.. so she might be depressed from that too.

Ps: I have only pictures before and after her birth, not day after. And will add them later here in 10 hours as its night time now and she is very light colour :)

Dragibun

Original Poster
So its morning now and didnt get the picture of her black bearding yet as I fed her and she turned back to normal... it might be a hormonal thing at this point :0.
Her poop is small but she doesnt eat much- looks normal though.
She isnt as active but I believe she needs rest and fatter diet to get back on her feet ;) - today she was turning her head alertly as usual.
So I got picture of her after food and as soon as I put her in she black beards.. I tried taking her out and shes fine.
Very hard to tell whether she misses me ( but she has to bask) or hungry or depresed or hormones haha.
Basicaly now her beard is on and off.
87299-880111433.jpg
87299-4180908920.jpg
87299-8786453730.jpg
87299-6253078929.jpg
87299-9597228099.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She looks much better now....just keep her hydrated and feed her well and keep her out of sight of the male [ that's stressful to her ] Big girl for 7-8 months old. :)

Dragibun

Original Poster
Will keep her hydrated with baths once per two days or once a day depends how busy im that day. We will have crickets medium incoming tomorow ^^ so lots of food for her.
She is actually very tiny, maybe photos look is different haha.
Lets hope she was just recovering and her black beard occasional appearance is just being a bit teenaged with puberty :).
Will keep track. and if things go wrong I will visit vet..
But her head bobbing is still slow and a bit weird..
Will see ^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom