is mealworms good for any reptile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mafoo

i have frogs and a bearded dragons and all i hear about is how mealworms have such a tough shell and cause impaction. but since there so bad, why do the pet stores sell them? is there actualy a reptile out there that can eat them without getting impacted at all? i think there has to be since my old school teacher who owned reptiles ate mealworms as a snack and never got impacted! :puke: im pretty sure he fed some of his animals mealworms though, dont know if he just fed them cause they were sold at the pet store or what but is there any use to the worms?

zillathakilla

Juvie Member
Mealworms don't always cause impaction i fed my beardie them for a while and he was fine, but in small beardies the risk is higher, and most pet stores don't give a crap, they just want money =/

Jess

Extreme Poster
I feed meal worms to my leopard geckos. :) I've never heard of a Leo being impacted from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom