Is it unusual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobalized

So for the past week or so my dragon whose only about 4 months old has stress marks on her belly about 80% of the time she is in her tank. I just moved her from a 10 gallon to a 40 gallon breeder, and in both tanks she had the marks. Her basking temp is about 100 degrees, cool end is about 75. She eats regularly , has normal daily bowel movements. She is about 8 inches in length. Holds her head up fine. As soon as she gets out of the tank to run around the house her stress marks go completely away. But when you put her back in the tank they come right back.

LJean

Extreme Poster
Hard to say..
Are you using a UVB light? Supplements?
How many bugs is she eating in a day?

Sometimes they get a bit stressed if something in their viv doesn't please them. ;)

Mobalized

Original Poster
yes uvb light, and im just putting her on supplements tomorrow. jus got them. she has done the stress mark thing in both viv, the 10 gallon and her new 40, but doesnt do it when shes out running around the living room. just in the tank

Have you used a certain cleaning product that may put off an upsetting scent to her?
Also, are these new tanks or could there be a scent of another animal in the tank?
What type of UVB light are you using?
What kind of objects are being placed in her tank?

It could be a number of things. Just have to do process of elimination.

Mobalized

Original Poster
Thats what ive been trying to do is eliminate. No cleaning product. One of the tanks was a used tank i got form the pet store pre assembled, it had a different dragon in it when it was on display than the one i got. But now shes in a different tank so thats not it. I am using a rzilla desert 50 7" circular tube. (it is not coil nor compact its a circular tube). The objects are some rocks, cardboard hut, water dish and food bowl, and a stick i found outside and baked in the oven. I have tried removing, and moving the cardboard hut and the stick. Neither of which fixed the problem, and also turning off the uvb bulb for about 2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom