I ordered cherry tart something...

Rocky came out for a little bit and joined me as I glimpsed over the mail in the office....invoices! I am not sure why as he does not have money.
Anyways, I noticed one thigh looked a little bigger. I touched him, no pain- he did move away from me to go to sleep. He walks/runs fine but I went down the gout route.
What is wrong with me...well it's been awhile so here I am.
It says babies wouldn't make it and adults, take to the vet. Well, he's brumating- in his own way- no signs of pain, he can walk (I was about to say talk, lol)- and run. Now he's puffy all over when he semibrumates so I probably need to stop but I think ordering this item will make me feel better.
He didn't want water but I am sure he ate more bugs than salad at times so the ratio was off.
This is why I am watching Ruby carefully....also Ruby ate crickets whereas Rocky is definitely a dubia baby.

Both are hydrated. OMG the poo Ruby left for me yesterday, I walked into the room and thought something died. He decided to cook it under the basking light again. Thanks Ruby.

Focus-
Well, I will keep you posted but in the meantime, I will continue to monitor Rocky when he's up. leg.jpg I tried to get a shot yesterday but go figure, it's the other leg. He was fighting his brumation at this point but wanted to see the world to make sure nothing has changed. I didn't put him there, he went himself for only 5 minutes.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Your great with them, i doubt he has gout, but monitor him for sure. Gout is most problematic when the dubias are giving a high protein diet. If you feed them premix, make sure it's low protein.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Rocky came out for a little bit and joined me as I glimpsed over the mail in the office....invoices! I am not sure why as he does not have money.
Anyways, I noticed one thigh looked a little bigger. I touched him, no pain- he did move away from me to go to sleep. He walks/runs fine but I went down the gout route.
What is wrong with me...well it's been awhile so here I am.
It says babies wouldn't make it and adults, take to the vet. Well, he's brumating- in his own way- no signs of pain, he can walk (I was about to say talk, lol)- and run. Now he's puffy all over when he semibrumates so I probably need to stop but I think ordering this item will make me feel better.
He didn't want water but I am sure he ate more bugs than salad at times so the ratio was off.
This is why I am watching Ruby carefully....also Ruby ate crickets whereas Rocky is definitely a dubia baby.

Both are hydrated. OMG the poo Ruby left for me yesterday, I walked into the room and thought something died. He decided to cook it under the basking light again. Thanks Ruby.

Focus-
Well, I will keep you posted but in the meantime, I will continue to monitor Rocky when he's up. View attachment 84524 I tried to get a shot yesterday but go figure, it's the other leg. He was fighting his brumation at this point but wanted to see the world to make sure nothing has changed. I didn't put him there, he went himself for only 5 minutes.
I agree with xp29. If Rocky likes Dubias then you should keep them on a diet of greens and vegetables. As far as I know, uric acid can remain in the body of a roach for several weeks, so the best option was to have your own colony, because no one knows what the store fed the dubias. Foxy also likes roaches very much, so I have to maintain a colony and breed them.
For me, it is much more difficult to maintain the proportion of calcium and phosphorus, it seems to me that Foxy endures and waits until he gets dubias and does not eat his vegetables. Do you have any problems with this?

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Yes. I tried the breeding- it was fine for a minute but I buy dubias and it sits.
I need more veggie ideas because he is so not into them. I can get him to eat cucumbers and carrots every now and then but I am open.
I also tried raphrashy...it was a no go.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Yes. I tried the breeding- it was fine for a minute but I buy dubias and it sits.
I need more veggie ideas because he is so not into them. I can get him to eat cucumbers and carrots every now and then but I am open.
I also tried raphrashy...it was a no go.
Some veggie/greens you can try are…

Kale
Collard greens
Mustard greens
Cauliflower greens (not the head)
Dandelions
Endive
Escarole
Alfalfa

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom