I NEED HELP ASAP

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
So my beardie is in her bath rn and shes NEVER EVER been like this but everytime i try n put my hand in there to get her out she puffs out her beard and she just tried to snap at me and idk how to get her out, shes more calm when im talking to her she wont puff it out but when i get to close there she goes again, idk wht to do rn

Attachments

• 16771006275303124419011174923832.jpg
    16771006275303124419011174923832.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 207
  • 16771006488415821871298508346880.jpg
    16771006488415821871298508346880.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 63

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So my beardie is in her bath rn and shes NEVER EVER been like this but everytime i try n put my hand in there to get her out she puffs out her beard and she just tried to snap at me and idk how to get her out, shes more calm when im talking to her she wont puff it out but when i get to close there she goes again, idk wht to do rn
Get a towel and put over her

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
Yes -- something scared her --- I would leave bathing out for awhile --
okay so shes back in and looks traumatized, but no black beard no stress mark, i am wondering if its a water thing. shes always seemed to hate baths and everytime i put her in one she would try and run back up my arm, and once shes in it she just spends her time trying to get out and trying to climb the walls, ive tried a smalled bath, a shorter one and those she just jumps right out off. its like she HATES water. Im gonna leave her alone and maybe we can make up tonight becauze i feel so bad. Could that be the reason this happened tho, because of the water?? and if so what can i do instead of baths? just spray?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
okay so shes back in and looks traumatized, but no black beard no stress mark, i am wondering if its a water thing. shes always seemed to hate baths and everytime i put her in one she would try and run back up my arm, and once shes in it she just spends her time trying to get out and trying to climb the walls, ive tried a smalled bath, a shorter one and those she just jumps right out off. its like she HATES water. Im gonna leave her alone and maybe we can make up tonight becauze i feel so bad. Could that be the reason this happened tho, because of the water?? and if so what can i do instead of baths? just spray?
I would start dropping water on her nose for hydration for now- rinse the greens before serving she will water from them as well - watch her urate and poops - urate should be white formed and moist - poop dark formed and moist -- any dry chalky urate shes dehydrated

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
I would start dropping water on her nose for hydration for now- rinse the greens before serving she will water from them as well - watch her urate and poops - urate should be white formed and moist - poop dark formed and moist -- any dry chalky urate shes dehydrated
shes never hate a problem ready with hydration because of the bugs i give her and i do spray down her salad. but i still see that you should give them a bath like 2 times a week and i give her like max 1 a week because she freaks out over them, she doesnt drink any water from the bath either so idk how its benifiting her but shes doing better now and ill work w the dropper, thank you!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
They DON'T need baths unless they are dirty, if they track in their poop -- bath. Otherwise unless they actually drink in the bath there is no reason to put them through it. Contrary to popular myth they DO NOT hydrate through their skin or vent. That is one of the absolute worse pieces of misinformation floating around. I cringe to think how many beardies get dehydrated because of it. They have to drink water or eat food high in water content to stay hydrated.
Like Karrieree said, you can use an eyedropper to drip it on their snout. Your beardie should start lapping it up. If not you can add in a little none citrus fruit juice or punch to give it flavor. Be sure to use a wet paper towel or wet wash cloth to wipe away any that runs down their chin. No need to take a chance on causing bacteria or fungus to start in their scales. For babies they need water way more often than older beardies, they can dehydrate very quickly.

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
They DON'T need baths unless they are dirty, if they track in their poop -- bath. Otherwise unless they actually drink in the bath there is no reason to put them through it. Contrary to popular myth they DO NOT hydrate through their skin or vent. That is one of the absolute worse pieces of misinformation floating around. I cringe to think how many beardies get dehydrated because of it. They have to drink water or eat food high in water content to stay hydrated.
Like Karrieree said, you can use an eyedropper to drip it on their snout. Your beardie should start lapping it up. If not you can add in a little none citrus fruit juice or punch to give it flavor. Be sure to use a wet paper towel or wet wash cloth to wipe away any that runs down their chin. No need to take a chance on causing bacteria or fungus to start in their scales. For babies they need water way more often than older beardies, they can dehydrate very quickly.
She just hates water so I try and feed her bugs high in water content and she hydrated perfectly fine but yeahhhh just another thing google ig is wrong abt, and right after i got her out she went to the bathroom and ran through it but i just got a damp towel and washed her off with it, shes squeaky clean now

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That's the equivalent of her thumbing her nose at you over the bath l🤣

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
That's the equivalent of her thumbing her nose at you over the bath l🤣
well to make it worse she went to the bathroom on my nightstand next to my bed, she ran through it like i said but ran through it to get back to my bed then tracked it all over my sheets so had to get new sheets etc, open my window n everything bc i could smell it everywhere LOL def was payback

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom