I lost my 5 month old bearded dragon in the house :(

Beardie name(s)
Delphina 'Meatball"
At around 6am yesterday was the last time I saw her but her enclosure was left open a little and I haven't seen her since. I have looked everywhere and still no sign of her. the worst part is I live 4 stories up and the balcony screen was open just a little bit. I have looked all around the building , the house and asked around and posted on lost pets page on Facebook but no luck :( I have shaken her favourite mealworms, and crickets to try to entice her, the house is at 85 degrees to try to coax her into coming out but no movement :( its 65 degrees out and im truly heart broken as its going down to 63 tonight :( what do I do?

Last edited:

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
At around 6am yesterday was the last time I saw her but her enclosure was left open a little and I haven't seen her since. I have looked everywhere and still no sign of her. the worst part is I live 4 stories up and the balcony screen was open just a little bit. I have looked all around the building , the house and asked around and posted on lost pets page on Facebook but no luck :( I have shaken her favourite mealworms, and crickets to try to entice her, the house is at 85 degrees to try to coax her into coming out but no movement :( its 65 degrees out and im truly heart broken as its going down to 63 tonight :( what do I do?
Oh no! I’m so sorry, losing them is a very scary experience. Try leaving out some of her favourite snacks in where you last saw her, and leave some around the house with video devices (if available) to track any movement.

I wouldn’t worry too much about temperatures, in the wild their burrows get around the low 50’s overnight. If anything it should help you, leave her basking fixture out. They are attracted to heat.

Leave the basking bulb on 24/7 until you get results or the bulb burns out, leave it in an open space. You could also leave her enclosure door open, just in case. Who knows, she might turn up that way!

In the meantime, look everywhere in your house. Check on your balcony and the resident’s underneath yours if possible, I doubt she could have gotten outside. You could put up flyers as a precaution as well.

Please keep us updated! I hope you find your girl, sending my best wishes to you both.

Last edited:

MeatballAndMama

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delphina 'Meatball"
Oh no! I’m so sorry, losing them is a very scary experience. Try leaving out some of her favourite snacks in where you last saw her, and leave some around the house with video devices (if available) to track any movement.

I wouldn’t worry too much about temperatures, in the wild their burrows get around the low 50’s overnight. If anything it should help you, leave her basking fixture out. They are attracted to heat.

Leave the basking bulb on 24/7 until you get results or the bulb burns out, leave it in an open space. You could also leave her enclosure door open, just in case. Who knows, she might turn up that way!

In the meantime, look everywhere in your house. Check on your balcony and the resident’s underneath yours if possible, I doubt she could have gotten outside. You could put up flyers as a precaution as well.

Please keep us updated! I hope you find your girls, sending my best wishes to you both.
I have left our her mealworms, crickets, greens and I have my Tapo camera that I bought specifically to see her when im not home on and notifying me at every movement but there has been none :( basking bulb is on and same with her other lights but no luck , and enclosure is open :( going to knock on doors and ask around again soon :(
Thank you , I love her so much :(

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Also check again in the corners of every room and under the furniture. They like to hide in places where there is something to press against like a wall or the feet of a desk. She may be scared and hiding there.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I have left our her mealworms, crickets, greens and I have my Tapo camera that I bought specifically to see her when im not home on and notifying me at every movement but there has been none :( basking bulb is on and same with her other lights but no luck , and enclosure is open :( going to knock on doors and ask around again soon :(
Thank you , I love her so much :(
She can’t have gone far, check every room that was left open and every little crack and crevice you can find. They like to hide. Check under dressers/cabinets/beds/etc and clear out any clutter that could block your line of vision. Be careful though.

You’ve done about as much as you could, it’s a waiting game now but don’t stop checking in each spot multiple times a day. Keep asking around in case she got outside, my heart goes with you in your search. I hope she comes home safe, good luck!

MeatballAndMama

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delphina 'Meatball"
UPDATE!! I FOUND MY BABY!!! on the second day after around 30 hours, I found her behind and mostly under my book shelf with her little head popping out. I had checked this place 4 times prior but I was unaware that there was a hole in the back side of the bottom of it!! she's okay and has eaten but hasn't pooped in 3 days so im giving her a bath now

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
That's a relief, I'm so happy for you.
Don't worry to much if she dosen't poop right away, she may just have been to cold to get her digestion going. But you will want to get her basking pretty soon and I'm sure she will be fine :)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That's fantastic news 😀

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is terrific happy news you have found your baby safe & sound. 💝 Did you tell her that she had been very naughty, hiding from you? It's very stressful when you lose them.
I'm glad you found her!

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom