I don’t want it!

I treated myself to a banana split. So that means Waffles got some banana today. She devoured it. I guess I have found her favorite food. She ate it almost if not as fast as her bugs. The people at the restaurant I ate at looked at me weird. Apparently it’s not normal to take home a small slice of your banana from your banana split…..and only a small slice of your banana, nothing else. Have people never heard of a lizard to-go box?
Then I introduced cactus. Cactus is not as good as banana. Cactus is green, does not move and does not smell as good as a banana or bugs. ”Why would I want this after banana?!?” She thought…She gave me a look that said “I Don’t Want It!” So I did what any parent would do. I put it on her head. She let it stay there for awhile, now she is pouting in her warm hide, wondering why she has such a weird mom. We will try cactus tomorrow after the taste of banana has faded from her memory. What will she choose tomorrow? Kale? Collard Greens? Cactus? Maybe all three to make me question life? Yea, that sounds more like it...no..wait..she will have none and make me wonder where I went wrong then right before the food bowl gets taken out she will eat it all and laugh maniacally.

Attachments

• IMG_5650.jpeg
    IMG_5650.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5652.jpeg
    IMG_5652.jpeg
    220.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5653.jpeg
    IMG_5653.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 41

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Are you using red lights or is your girl that red? If your using a red bulb you should remove it asap and replace it with a bright white basking bulb. The red bulbs are hard on thier eyes.

Kaitainny

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Waffles
We do use red lights. She always hides when we have a bright white bulb in. Also it has to stay on at night because it gets cold here. Like tonight it is in the 60’s . She stays on the warm side when she goes to sleep too. She hasn’t been on the cold side for days. In the am with 2 75w bulbs in one light container it’s been 72ish on the warm side. I just worry about her getting cold. It’s been warmer during the day but it always gets cold at night. Maine is too far north! I just switched her over to the large 150w bulb light because I have woken up cold (I am rarely cold. I run hotter than everyone in the house and usually go outside in the snow and ice in short sleeves.) I’ll try the bright white bulb again and see if she is ok with it. Then maybe get some night blue bulbs for night time.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
the red bulbs truly are not good for them. if you need some extra heat at night, to stay above about 65°, a ceramic heat emitter is a much better option. that way you are getting heat but no light. they like it cool and dark to sleep.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
the red bulbs truly are not good for them. if you need some extra heat at night, to stay above about 65°, a ceramic heat emitter is a much better option. that way you are getting heat but no light. they like it cool and dark to sleep.
I agree completely. The ceramic heat emitter is the best option. They are like us in that they want it dark to sleep. Any light at night disrupts their sleep.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom