hydrating picky dragon

spencer118

Hatchling Member
june has been lipsmacking more so i assume shes dehydrated but everytime i give her water she ignores it. ive tried putting bee pollen on water but she stopped falling for it after the first 2 times i did it, and she dislikes baths. any tips on hydrating?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
june has been lipsmacking more so i assume shes dehydrated but everytime i give her water she ignores it. ive tried putting bee pollen on water but she stopped falling for it after the first 2 times i did it, and she dislikes baths. any tips on hydrating?
Drop water on her nose see if she will lick --- you can rinse the greens before serving she will get moisture thru that and make sure your gut loading the insects before you feed --- roaches eat at night --- carrots are a good hydrator for roaches DO NOT feed the dragon carrots - too much Vit A

spencer118

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drop water on her nose see if she will lick --- you can rinse the greens before serving she will get moisture thru that and make sure your gut loading the insects before you feed --- roaches eat at night --- carrots are a good hydrator for roaches DO NOT feed the dragon carrots - too much Vit A
she doesnt lick the water off her nose anymore but ill try to to rinse her salads. i live in canada so that only staple feeder i can get my hands on are crickets, sadly.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
she doesnt lick the water off her nose anymore but ill try to to rinse her salads. i live in canada so that only staple feeder i can get my hands on are crickets, sadly.
You should be able to get BSFL or silk worms
hornworms are a good hydrating worm
meal worms are good for feeding too but for adults NO babies please
silk worms are a good staple feeder too
supers as treats
wax worms sparingly they are fatty and can cause liver issues

spencer118

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
You should be able to get BSFL or silk worms
hornworms are a good hydrating worm
meal worms are good for feeding too but for adults NO babies please
silk worms are a good staple feeder too
supers as treats
wax worms sparingly they are fatty and can cause liver issues
i feed her hornworms once or twice a week, i might try bsfl again but silkworms can ne pricy online so i just get them at the petstore when i can. she also eats supers as treats a few times a month :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
i feed her hornworms once or twice a week, i might try bsfl again but silkworms can ne pricy online so i just get them at the petstore when i can. she also eats supers as treats a few times a month :)
The silks are going to be cheaper on line than the pet store --- have you ordered from the worm lady?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom