Humity level too high and temp too low pls help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radioflyr

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I went to the pet store today to look for the new UVB buld but all they have was reptiglow but they did have the tube ones not the coil is that version of the brand safe? If not Ill just order a new one online. most likely Ill get a 18 incher or bigger if I am going to need to upgrade to a 40 gal tank eventually I wouldnt want to have to buy a new set up. But i did manage to get a 100 wat sunglow basking lamp to replace the 75 wat the temp is alreay rising above 90 so that is a great sign.

I took him outside with me on the porch today. It has been gorgeous out and he is starting to seem more like his perky self. I goty a small water dish about a 1x1x1 inches which seems to be just enough if he does infact drink out of it.

Once again thank you for all your help

Steve :blob5:

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I have heard of people having problems with the reptiglo 10.0 tube. Maybe do a search through the site and read about it. Even if you can find a reptisun 10.0 in a petstore it will be $50. http://www.petmountain.com is the way to go.
Sara

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Radioflyr":3ae42 said:
I went to the pet store today to look for the new UVB buld but all they have was reptiglow but they did have the tube ones not the coil is that version of the brand safe? If not Ill just order a new one online. most likely Ill get a 18 incher or bigger if I am going to need to upgrade to a 40 gal tank eventually I wouldnt want to have to buy a new set up. But i did manage to get a 100 wat sunglow basking lamp to replace the 75 wat the temp is alreay rising above 90 so that is a great sign.

I took him outside with me on the porch today. It has been gorgeous out and he is starting to seem more like his perky self. I goty a small water dish about a 1x1x1 inches which seems to be just enough if he does infact drink out of it.

Once again thank you for all your help

Steve :blob5:

Hi Steve,

The ReptioGlo 10.0 tubes have also been causing issues for beardies. Please see this link for more information (in particular, the comments made by Tracie--Drache613/moderator): http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=101703&p=793076&hilit=ReptiGlo+10.0#p793076 :) The ONLY ReptiGlo I can recommend is the ReptiGlo 8.0 TUBE, but to be sure, while it is considered a "safe" bulb, it is only "ok" in terms of UVB. I cannot stress enough how important quality UVB is to your dragon, and it's well worth the extra effort in ordering a ReptiSun 10.0 tube. Indeed, it's fine to get a bigger tube than "half the tank." Many opt to have the whole length of the tank covered, half being the minimum. However, I believe you mentioned that your tank is about 36" long, no? 40 breeders are the same (they are wider and taller however).

Indeed, get him outside for a little authentic UVB when you can! :D

Keep us posted on the temps.

The best,
Em

Radioflyr

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think I will be buying the reptisun tube offline from petmountain today most likely Ill get a 24 inch bulb I would get a 36 inch but Im guessing I might have a problem fitting that and the basking light on the top of the cage together. Can I also order the fixture that the bulb fits into on petmountain?

My sister took him out earlier and had him on her lap for a bit while she gave him a bit of attention I was able to use this time to snap a few pictures his color has come back and he his eyes look much better also :D

Oh. and before I forget since I have gotten the new bulb his basking side temp is resting at about 97-99 and the humitity is at 31% which is awsome!
DSC00447.jpg

DSC00449.jpg

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom