Humidity Issues

Benjii

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pufferfish
My bearded dragons humidity is just above 40%, being 41%. On the cool side it's 48%. Will he be alright? During the night, it significantly increases to around 50%. Usually it isn't so high, but it's been raining a lot.

I'm using a dehumidifier, which doesn't seem to be helping. I put a sock with rice; no help. I even opened a window and have a fan on. I'm not sure what to do.

Solution
It's perfectly fine.
It would likely take time at a lot higher humidity to cause a problem if in fact it ever did.
I lived in Central Florida for a little over a year and never could keep humidity lower than the upper 80's to lower 90's and Puff never had an issue the whole time.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It's perfectly fine.
It would likely take time at a lot higher humidity to cause a problem if in fact it ever did.
I lived in Central Florida for a little over a year and never could keep humidity lower than the upper 80's to lower 90's and Puff never had an issue the whole time.

Solution

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Are you getting reading from a digital probe hygrometer? The 40% is good please shut the dehumidifier off if that is the normal reading- you don't want under 20% or over 70%

Benjii

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pufferfish
Are you getting reading from a digital probe hygrometer? The 40% is good please shut the dehumidifier off if that is the normal reading- you don't want under 20% or over 70%
Yes, it is from a digital probe hydrometer. Is about 50 okay during the night? As it raises to that when the lights go off.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom