Hi all, another newb in the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

eighty8

Just wanted to introduce myself and two new beardies to the forum. Myself and a roomate just each got a baby bd. Hes had his for about 2 weeks and i just got mine this sunday.

so far as names go mine is adam. as for the beardies, my roomie is calling his yoda and hoping its a boy. as for mine im working with two names: Male name would be horatio (if youve seen csi miami, the main char and my bd have the same crooked head stare) for a female name im thinkin harlequin because of the pattern down its back. for now ill assume its a female.

as for the setups... yodas viv up top has a 30x16 floorspace a ceramic heat lamp and seperate reptisun8.0 uvb. harlequins viv is 36x16 and running a merc vapor lamp for both heat and uvb. temps in both vivs are read with digital therms and more localized and basking surface temps are checked with heat gun. both are on sand substrate, yodas a very fine zoomed sand (not calci) harlequins a fine kiddy playsand.

heres a couple of pics to get started with, hopefully ill take some better ones of the bds outside tomorrow...
heres both on our homemade stand
1000318rx0.jpg

here is yodas house
1000321lo9.jpg

and finally two of harlequin
1000325md5.jpg

1000323zu8.jpg

eighty8

Original Poster
Ok fixed the whole problem with the pictures thing... i was using webshots, who i thought allowed direct linking but doesnt. i suppose also from now on ill resize the pics before posting as well. sorry for the huge size.

also, i know the whole debate over the substrate, but we do remove the little guys before feeding them any live prey. im going to try and get some shots of the dragons themselves outside later today, aswell as a measurement of each. im estimating they are both between 5-6in long. i dont yet have a gram scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom