Help with friends bearded who may have been stepped on

Brad85

My friend had his bearded dragon outside yesterday and someone walking by sort of stepped on him. What happened was he tried to stop the person and threw his hands out to block them and grab the dragon but was a little late. The person stepped on its side while it was in pancake mode with his toes only Maybe the very top of his foot past the toes. The person said they didn’t put all the weight on the dragon once they felt it they stopped.

My friend said the dragon went into defense mode so he doesn’t know if it was hurt or just startled. He’s been watching it and checking on it throughout the night and all day.

He said she ran around outside some about 45 min after it happened and climbed on him some. Today it’s been sleeping a lot but some days it normally does that so he can’t tell if it’s just one of those days or not. He did wake it up a few times and it ate a little bit of bugs and fruit. Walked around some. He did have it outside and at one point it jumped around 180 degrees and climbed up a step beside him to get in the shade so it seems to move fine. It also went bathroom when he gave her a bath and the that all looked normal.

Unfortunately he can’t get anyone to look t her until Mon since we don’t even have emergency vets around here that work with reptiles available on weekends. I should mention she did have follicle surgery a few months ago so he is extra concerned because of that. Only other thing is he said the breathing may be a little more rapid sometimes or maybe he’s just so worried that he thinks it is.

Is there anything he should watch for or any advice

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My friend had his bearded dragon outside yesterday and someone walking by sort of stepped on him. What happened was he tried to stop the person and threw his hands out to block them and grab the dragon but was a little late. The person stepped on its side while it was in pancake mode with his toes only Maybe the very top of his foot past the toes. The person said they didn’t put all the weight on the dragon once they felt it they stopped.

My friend said the dragon went into defense mode so he doesn’t know if it was hurt or just startled. He’s been watching it and checking on it throughout the night and all day.

He said she ran around outside some about 45 min after it happened and climbed on him some. Today it’s been sleeping a lot but some days it normally does that so he can’t tell if it’s just one of those days or not. He did wake it up a few times and it ate a little bit of bugs and fruit. Walked around some. He did have it outside and at one point it jumped around 180 degrees and climbed up a step beside him to get in the shade so it seems to move fine. It also went bathroom when he gave her a bath and the that all looked normal.

Unfortunately he can’t get anyone to look t her until Mon since we don’t even have emergency vets around here that work with reptiles available on weekends. I should mention she did have follicle surgery a few months ago so he is extra concerned because of that. Only other thing is he said the breathing may be a little more rapid sometimes or maybe he’s just so worried that he thinks it is.

Is there anything he should watch for or any advice
Black beard sign of distress or pain- sounds like she's ok- watch her the next several days for a black beard or anything like not eating lethargic behavior etc

Brad85

Original Poster
Black beard sign of distress or pain- sounds like she's ok- watch her the next several days for a black beard or anything like not eating lethargic behavior et

Besides the sleeping which is normal for her to have days like this, everything else seems fine. She still seems really aware when she is awake. I think he has a vet appointment set Mon evening to have her looked at to be safe. He’s been extreme worried and feeling bad that this happened so this will defiantly ease his mind some. I’ll let him know to watch out for those signs.

Thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Besides the sleeping which is normal for her to have days like this, everything else seems fine. She still seems really aware when she is awake. I think he has a vet appointment set Mon evening to have her looked at to be safe. He’s been extreme worried and feeling bad that this happened so this will defiantly ease his mind some. I’ll let him know to watch out for those signs.

Thank you
Please no enemas at the vet - if they want a fecal take one in 24 hr sample

Brad85

Original Poster
So my friend sent a few pics a little bit ago of her. She looks good from what I can tell.

Attachments

• C8C515D4-C3FC-41F5-B321-ADFDE7C96C14.jpeg
    C8C515D4-C3FC-41F5-B321-ADFDE7C96C14.jpeg
    197 KB · Views: 69
  • 55458DF0-8545-4B41-B3FA-94E78DDEE0E1.jpeg
    55458DF0-8545-4B41-B3FA-94E78DDEE0E1.jpeg
    223.1 KB · Views: 70

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom