HELP ME ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadeterry

i've had pebbles for about a month, and he has started biting. hard too. he is about 6 months old now. when i put my hand in the tank he rares up and opens his mouth. he actually jumps to try and bite me. and he only does it to me. what do i do

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
Wear gloves! :D
Seriously. Has he actually bitten or does he just act like he's going to?
I would just make very very sure that he has daily handling and set aside 15 minutes to devote entirely to pebbles and make sure it's a positive experience.

Yeah, wear gloves, let him bite. Eventually he'll see that you aren't evil and he'll get over. But you definitely don't want him to think that biting gets him out of being handled.

If this is only happening to you... pay very careful attention to what others may be doing differently. Make sure you aren't wearing perfume/cologne/smelly lotion, etc when you go to handle. Make sure you are scooping Pebbles up from under his belly rather than coming down from above.

Does he still try to bite after you get him out of his cage?

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Ouch. :shock: Sorry your first post has to be with a problem. I'll Try to help. If I can't I'm sure there is someone around who can. A couple of people have had simular problems with their dragons and it turned out their viv was too hot. So that is where we will start. Answer a couple of questions and hopefully we can get him back to being a happy dragon. :D
Can you tell me his viv size, his basking temp and cool side temps? Also, what kind of thermometer do you use. If it is a round or stick on, it can be off by as much as 20 degrees. The most acurate kind is a digital with a probe on the end. You can get one at Wal mart for about $12. They are in hardware with the indoor/outdoor thermometers. His basking side should be between 100-110 and the cool side around 80. How is yours?

Sandy H

jadeterry

Original Poster
his tank is a temp one for now and ranges from about 75 on one side to 87 on the other. and he is biting me so hard that he hangs from my finger. he is jumping up to bite me. he is really small but he is eating crix. and sometimes vegs. and yeah it is me and me only. he justs looks at my mom. he actually runs when i get near the tank. i can't hardly catch him.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Oh, 87 is way too cool. Try to get the temps higher so he can digest properly. He may just have a tummy ache from poorly digested food. I'd be grumpy too with an upset tummy.

Try placing a t-shirt you have worn in the tank with him. After lights out and he is asleep move him onto your shirt. he will learn that your smell is non-threatening. After a week of this, move on to the beardie burrito. About 10-15 min after his lights out, after he cools down a bit and is drowsey, lift him out and wrap him in a soft "blankie" and hold him on your chest while you watch TV or read. The "blankie can be a wash cloth or a piece of fleece or anything like that. Put him to bed all wraped up on your shirt. After a week or so he should be much more trusting. If you want to see picts of the beardie burrito, google it at the top of the page. There are lots of examples on site.

Good luck.

Sandy H

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
Be sure that you are lifting him slowly & gently.
You might start with just putting your hand in the tank.
He really doesn't even try to bite anyone else?

Before you mess with your temps- what kind of thermometer are you using (digital thermometer with a probe, stick-on/analog or a temp gun)?

jadeterry

Original Poster
yeah im the only one. my mom can reach in there and he wont do anything. its sad. but yeah i will try the shirt and burrito thing. thanks for that

jadeterry

Original Poster
well last night i bought a stump, and on top of it is now about 104 degrees. he seemed happy. then i got a bigger water bowl and he actually drank from it. then my mom heard that they like bell peppers, so i cut some up and he ate a couple pieces. the whole time i had my hand in and out of the tank and he never tried to bite, but he did run away once when i touched his tail. but tonight im going to get him out and try to work with him. thanks for all the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom