HELP!! Cricket bites??!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

camfink

So i noticed some red spots on the underside of my beardie...and at first i thought it was normal. So i waited a bit and noticed more.. Soon after i was cleaning the tank at the end of the week and the log i have in there was housing about 12 or 15 crickets! I didnt even know they were there, i never seen them during the day they only apparently came out at night. I totally junked that log and cleaned it out top to bottom. I have included a photo, sorry for blurriness, are these cricket bites?? If so will he be ok?? How should i be treating?

photoveq.jpg

camfink

Original Poster
Can anyone gimme some advice on treatment? Dont really want this lingering around too long. Thanks

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Hi.
Sorry, but I cant tell from the picture. But crickets can definitely bit and chew on your beardie.
Not really sure of the treatment. Keep it clean, and some neosporin would be ok to put on it.

camfink

Original Poster
Thank you. I am fairly certain it was the crickets, eventhough i didnt see them do it. Ive got my dragon hand feeding crickets now(he wouldnt eat them from my fingers before) so there shouldnt be any problems with spare crickets hiding on me. And i applied polysporin last night so i will reapply tonight, just wanted to make sure i was taking the right course of action. THANKS!

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Yep, Neosporin is good. You might even want to give him a Betadine bath if they look bad. Just fill up the tub/sink, let him drink if he wants, then pour in some Betadine solution until it looks like weak tea. It wards off infection nicely. I used it for my dragon when he had part of his tail cut off due to retained shed, and now I use it for my rescue, who has sores on her inner lip.

If you aren't up to hand feeding, feeding in a seperate container will do.

Jacqui

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom