Hasnt shed in a month and a half?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FadedIntimacy

Hatchling Member
Hello everyone,

Sorry I havent been around much I've been a little busy with a new job and school and all.:)

I have a concern, Emmett finished his first shed with me on August 2nd-August 3rd.
He hasnt shed since. You can see his age on my counter in my signature..
Is this.. okay? :( I'm really starting to worry. I wont lie, he doesnt eat much. He NEVER has. At most 10 crickets a day (normally 1/4" or 3/8")
He poops reguarly, once a day.

I've tried to get him to eat worms, and he never will touch them. Butterworms, Pheonix worms and waxworms. Wont touch ANY of them.

Is this.. okay? :(

LJean

Extreme Poster
hmm.. at 4 months old he should certainly be eating many more bugs a day. If he isn't growing much, I guess he wouldn't be shedding.

Have you checked the basking temps lately to see if they have changed?

FadedIntimacy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thats always what I though, but he's NEVER eaten much.

His basking temps are always in the low 100's. 101, 102, 103 104 or 105.

LJean

Extreme Poster
And of course he would be picky and not want to eat worms. I can imagine how frustrating it is for you. I'm not sure how to help. Sorry.

auntylolo

Extreme Poster
How long is Emmett now?
I must say that I experienced the same thing with Loki. I was quite worried when I was here reading about people's beardies who were shedding every week, when once Loki didn't shed for 2 months. She turned out to just be a late starter, and from around 6-10 months she did a good amount of growing and subsequently, shedding.
The amount of food he's eating isn't ideal, but some beardies just won't eat the 50-100 crickets a day that is considered normal. What kind of uvb are you using? How old is it and how far away from it does Emmett sit when basking?

FadedIntimacy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
7" 1/2 inches.

He currently has a Zoo Med Mercury Vapor UVB UVA bulb. One of the floor light ones... It's only been on and operating since July, but I've had it about a year(In box in my closet, bought it for a tortoise). I'm changing it out soon with my next paycheck, since Idk if shelf life can effect it. and he's probably a foot away from it?

auntylolo

Extreme Poster
That all sounds ok, personally I wouldn't bother changing your mvb if it's only been on for 3months but if you decide to go ahead then I would get a Megaray from repileuv.com or a T-Rex Active Heat, as these are both excellent.

1sttimebeardiemom

Juvie Member
You could feed him baby food to help get your babe some protein until he starts taking to live feeders. I'd go to the feeding section or maybe someone here will read and give you suggestions on what kinds...I know chicken is a good one. Sounds like everything with your husbandry is good...I may have missed it but what kinds of greens do you feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom