Gravid

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
So, Nova is gravid, the follicles are just starting. But what we're wondering is, how long is it between becoming gravid and actually laying the infertile eggs.? I know physically laying them can take days, but how long will she be gravid for with the infertile eggs.? Also, I read they'll eat more and it'll only benefit the health of the eggs and stuff. With her virtually not eating right now, will that be the same issue if she were laying actual fertilized eggs.? If that's the case, would that mean the eggs wouldn't be super successful.? Does any of this make any sense.? Does it seem like I'm panicking.? I am. A little bit. I know she doesn't have the proper calcium in her system, just because the first four months of her life, she had no calcium from her previous owner and now that she isn't eating, I know she's lacking. I'm terrified of her being egg bound. Someone talk me down from this ledge of worry.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I'm not sure on time frame.
For calcium mix some liquid calcium into water and give it to her orally. TASTE it yourself, some has no taste some is rancid, my guys wont drink the stuff that taste bad.
They go off food before laying, mine was two or three weeks before.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I'm not sure on time frame.
For calcium mix some liquid calcium into water and give it to her orally. TASTE it yourself, some has no taste some is rancid, my guys wont drink the stuff that taste bad.
They go off food before laying, mine was two or three weeks before.
I can get her to eat worms, but only one or two. I've been dousing them in a mix of calcium powder and reptivite vitamin powder so she gets at least something.

Man I am stressing this.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That just means ya luv her 🙂

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
That just means ya luv her 🙂
I do, she's definitely my baby. She's also definitely uncomfortable already. Her stomach is bigger than it was and she's still gaining weight. She's been aggressive with the babies, charging their tank and stuff. And desperate to get out and just.. run. She's been hauling ass everywhere she can.

On another note, King Toothless is in the house.😂😂

Attachments

• 20230421_183650.jpg
    20230421_183650.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 48

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom