$@#&* friggen daylight savings time @#*%$!!!!!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Who else HATES daylight savings time?
Don't those *****s know it's a bloody headache for reptile keepers?
2 timers per habitat x's 5 habitats ='s a crap load of crawling on my belly to get under all my habitats to reset all 10 timers, and I'm..... shall we say robust ๐Ÿ˜‰
I swear if any of you want to run for president all you have to do to get my vote ๐Ÿ—ณ is promise to do away with b.s.t for good ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Who else HATES daylight savings time?
Don't those *****s know it's a bloody headache for reptile keepers?
2 timers per habitat x's 5 habitats ='s a crap load of crawling on my belly to get under all my habitats to reset all 10 timers, and I'm..... shall we say robust ๐Ÿ˜‰
I swear if any of you want to run for president all you have to do to get my vote ๐Ÿ—ณ is promise to do away with b.s.t for good ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜
Why not connect several terrariums to one timer?

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I ran to the timers this morning! I knew Rocky was fine but Ruby, I wasnt sure....he slept until the light cut on. Well, he pop his head up a little beforehand. All is well over here, thank goodness. Rocky is brumating again.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
hates it, we does!!! it's nasty... little... time changes! (said in my best gollum voice)

set it to standard and leave it the hell alone! doesn't bother sir henry, but it sure messes with the kiddo and myself for weeks after

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Do you turn on the UV and heating lamp at different times? Is that why you have two timers?
I keep my house pretty cool, so I use timers to turn on che's at night.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
That's why I use Zigbee smart switches, these can even switch on at sunrise and switch off at sunset :)
I need to research those, I've never heard of them.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
hates it, we does!!! it's nasty... little... time changes! (said in my best gollum voice)

set it to standard and leave it the hell alone! doesn't bother sir henry, but it sure messes with the kiddo and myself for weeks after
It takes me about two weeks to sleep normal again every time.
.... good gollum btw ๐Ÿ˜

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
That's why I use Zigbee smart switches, these can even switch on at sunrise and switch off at sunset :)
Can you tell us about your solution on Zigbee? What brand is your Zigbee sensor hub? I also use Zigbee sensors, but they are connected to a hub that requires the Internet, this is very inconvenient.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I keep my house pretty cool, so I use timers to turn on che's at night.
You can try using an electrical extension cord to connect several lamps to one timer. But you need to check the total power of all lamps, it should not exceed the maximum possible power for your timer.
I have three timers, but in the winter I will need a fourth for the night time, I am going to temporarily use two lamps on one timer.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
My habitats are scattered all over. If i ran that many extension cords all over the house my girlfriend would strangle me with them lmao ๐Ÿ˜
Three are in my dining room though, it woukd be to much draw on that circuit. I have them staggered as it is. If they all three come on within 5 minutes of each other it kicks the breaker. It's like 15 minutes between the first and last coming on in that room.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Can you tell us about your solution on Zigbee? What brand is your Zigbee sensor hub? I also use Zigbee sensors, but they are connected to a hub that requires the Internet, this is very inconvenient.
Sure. I use a Sonoff usb dongle as a zigbee bridge and have that connected to an ubuntu server that runs a homeassistant virtual machine ๐Ÿ˜œ
You could also use a raspberry pi for that (instead of the ubuntu server) if you wanted a small scale solution.
No Internet, no access from outside your network (unless you setup a VPN) and pretty easy to configure.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. ๐Ÿ˜”
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. ๐Ÿ˜ด
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom