Found Eggs ahhhhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewed1

Got 2 beardies roughly 2 years ago for my son and have a Boy-Astrid and a Girl-Sherbet.

Recently Sherbet has laid eggs (1st time) and we where totally surprised so i have been FRANTICALLY searching the web on what to do and how to manage them, luckly we have got the items needed.

so set up is Foam box/ heat mat / thermostat set to 29C / dampened vermiculite containers / water tub

(will add photo later)

Question: living in Sydney what should the Humidity be around? currently mine is set to approx 40-50% when most videos and web info state 70-85% which is correct.. thanks

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
As long as your incubation temps are correct and your vermiculite is sufficiently dampened you don't need to worry too much about humidity. My eggs always did fine when the verm. was just right, if it dried out a bit too much, that's when the eggs would begin to sink in a bit. I made a little hole with my finger for each egg to sit in. So as long as your eggs are nestled down properly they should be fine if you check that the vermiculite is not drying out. Here's a pic of how I set mine up, plastic shoe boxes with holes in the lid. I sometimes used a mix of verm. with sand which is what you see here. Even with holes in the lid I had to check once in a while to wipe off any excess moisture on the inside of the lid so that no drops fell on the eggs.
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29884/full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom