Food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mymontana1

Beardie name(s)
Sandy
My beardie has stopped eating his greens and will only eat super worms and crickets. He liked kale and baby spinach but he won't touch it now. I'm afraid he's not getting all of his minerals and vitamins. And if I cover the bugs in calcium he won't eat them.

SPandS

Juvie Member
How old is your dragon? The bugs should only get a light dusting of calcium but if your dragon still doesn't like it, some don't, you could always use liquid calcium. Do you use a multivitamin?

Mymontana1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sandy
He will be 3 in Aug. And no I don't give him anything. I've only tried to dust the calcium on the bugs and his greens

SPandS

Juvie Member
I would get some liquid calcium and multivitamins. Since he's an adult he really should be eating his greens. I'm not sure how often you feed bugs but he doesn't need them every day. Instead offer a nice salad of different greens and vegetables and see what he likes. You can hold off on bugs for a while to hopefully make him hungry enough to want to eat his salads too. If that doesn't work you can eventually try making him a slurry of greens or even try some baby food like squash and add the calcium to that and just drip some in his nose. They usually really like it and have no issues eating it.

Basically just try different things to see if anything peaks his interest. And try liquid calcium and multivitamins because he could not like the powdered kind.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please stop feeding the super worms- he's holding out for the insects- 2-3 times per week on the bugs- and just keep offering the salads - not so much spinach but collards kale turnip mustard argulla romaine lettuce dandelion greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom