Finally Upgrading my tank!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilred6

Hi everyone!! I'm thinking about upgrading my girls tank from a 40 gal to a Zen Wood Panel 8x2x2 (using extension kit). My only worry is how difficult will it be to maintain temps? I'm definitely gonna buy stronger bulbs (im using a thrive 100w with a UVB tube t5 H.O 10,0 which ones do you guys recommend and which lamps should I use?

Another thing I was wondering about..im not sure if 8x2x2 will be too much; that said:
instead of using a wood panel 4x2x2 with another wood panel 4x2x2 would it be okay to use a 2x2x2 with it to make it 6x2x2 instead? The only conflict is the 2x2x2 is PVC; not wood. Would that make much of a difference? I would probably make that the basking side to avoid humidity issues.

sorry if this is a bit confusing lol.. im just trying to buy her this tank asap its long overdue.
Any help is appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom