Fell on hardwood floor

Reptilemomof3

Beardie name(s)
Rocky
Hello, Rocky has been growing really well. He has the same temperament but yesterday when I took him out of his cage and I was hanging out with him, I went to go put him back on his cage and he leaked off of me and hit the hardwood floor about 3 feet. he was fine I was freaked out but now I was feeding him nutri worms I noticed something on his left-hand side under his arm, and I don’t know if it’s just his skin or if something is going on. He has started wheezing as well which is something new that I never heard him do.
he has UVB no coil he has a lamp he has a hammock under the lamp he has a rock he has everything he’s hooked up. He lives in 120 gallon tank 4×4×4. he eats worms roaches. He sometimes eats his greens, but I have to force him. He loves hornworms. It is his favorite and he also eats meal worms. I have never given him crickets before.

Attachments

• IMG_7778.jpeg
    IMG_7778.jpeg
    153.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7777.jpeg
    IMG_7777.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7776.jpeg
    IMG_7776.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7775.jpeg
    IMG_7775.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7774.jpeg
    IMG_7774.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7773.jpeg
    IMG_7773.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7772.jpeg
    IMG_7772.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7771.jpeg
    IMG_7771.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7770.jpeg
    IMG_7770.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 27

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, Rocky has been growing really well. He has the same temperament but yesterday when I took him out of his cage and I was hanging out with him, I went to go put him back on his cage and he leaked off of me and hit the hardwood floor about 3 feet. he was fine I was freaked out but now I was feeding him nutri worms I noticed something on his left-hand side under his arm, and I don’t know if it’s just his skin or if something is going on. He has started wheezing as well which is something new that I never heard him do.
he has UVB no coil he has a lamp he has a hammock under the lamp he has a rock he has everything he’s hooked up. He lives in 120 gallon tank 4×4×4. he eats worms roaches. He sometimes eats his greens, but I have to force him. He loves hornworms. It is his favorite and he also eats meal worms. I have never given him crickets before.
Flagging Tracie
@Drache613

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is quite a fall, did his beard turn dark at all? That mark on his arm might be from his fall. Did he hit anything on the way down before he hit the floor?
If his breathing has changed some, he may have hurt himself internally or he could be in some pain.
I would recommend getting him into the vets for an x-ray to determine whether or not something could be broken.
Is he still eating right now?
Also, for now keep him a little warmer overnight, to help boost his immune system.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom