Emergency rescue beardie

angellove24

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lucy lou
So I just rescued a neglected beardie I don’t know her age or anything about her
When I got her today she has a lot of stuck shed and goo in her eyes also her eyes are very red
She will be going to the vet soon but what may be the issue and what I can do for now
Her owner did tell me that she couldn’t open her eyes

Attachments

• IMG_4757.jpeg
    IMG_4757.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4754.jpeg
    IMG_4754.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4758.jpeg
    IMG_4758.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4756.jpeg
    IMG_4756.jpeg
    166.8 KB · Views: 25

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Her body condition [ weight ] is not bad and thankfully no deformity as some cases of neglect have MBD. The eye color can naturally be a reddish tint, good to see that you got that goop off and she can open it now. Don't pull any shed off , it may take a while but will come off eventually now that she'll be getting good care. Hopefully Lucy Lou will not have any major health problems.

angellove24

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lucy lou
Her body condition [ weight ] is not bad and thankfully no deformity as some cases of neglect have MBD. The eye color can naturally be a reddish tint, good to see that you got that goop off and she can open it now. Don't pull any shed off , it may take a while but will come off eventually now that she'll be getting good care. Hopefully Lucy Lou will not have any major health problems.
Thank you for the advice! I was mainly worried about the goo and if she looked okay in weight this is the first beardie out of all the rescues so I got a little nervous I was worried the red tint was an eye infection possibly tomorrow she’ll be going to the vet if not sometime next week!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Since the eye had a bit of discharge [ goop ] there may be some infection but it doesn't look like anything serious and antibiotic drops usually clear these things up.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Probably from a vet or you can order from Chewy, etc. Terramycin is commonly used. One of the mods. here has a website that sells a lot products including Teramycin. This is Tracie's website, she is a vet tech.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, she doesn't look too bad overall, & definitely doesn't appear to have any physical deformities
either which is lucky!
She probably wasn't kept at optimal temperatures which can cause health issues. Terramycin works
very well for eye infections & irritations, too. A sterile saline solution should help to wash out the
eye too.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom