Droopy eyes and fat neck of a 6 month old female

Schmonatan

Beardie name(s)
Leila
Hello everyone.

I'm currently puzzled over if my girl has droopy eyes and abnormal neck or it's all fine and a process of general developing. She is starting her 6th month, I got her when she was 3. UVB and Spot Heating are Arcadia. She is active, eats and poops well, not lethargic or hiding. Diet is dubia, red roaches, crickets, sometimes she deigns to eat some green salad. All feeders are always dusted with Ca and bee pollen. Neck is soft, just skin and not always puffy. She might look fat in the photos below, but she actually weighs ~108 grams.

IMG-3270.jpg
IMG-3271.jpg

Please help, cos I'm freaking out here.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello everyone.

I'm currently puzzled over if my girl has droopy eyes and abnormal neck or it's all fine and a process of general developing. She is starting her 6th month, I got her when she was 3. UVB and Spot Heating are Arcadia. She is active, eats and poops well, not lethargic or hiding. Diet is dubia, red roaches, crickets, sometimes she deigns to eat some green salad. All feeders are always dusted with Ca and bee pollen. Neck is soft, just skin and not always puffy. She might look fat in the photos below, but she actually weighs ~108 grams.

View attachment 79247 View attachment 79248

Please help, cos I'm freaking out here.
The droopy eye could be genetics --- but we can have someone else take a look - she might be holding food in the neck - they will do that and in a day or two it will go down - has she always had the neck thing going on or recently?
@AHBD

Schmonatan

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leila
The droopy eye could be genetics --- but we can have someone else take a look - she might be holding food in the neck - they will do that and in a day or two it will go down - has she always had the neck thing going on or recently?
As she started to grow bigger the neck started to grow as well. It started to be noticeable a month ago.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're right, she's not chubby. She looks pretty good, be careful that she doesn't eat any of the corn cob bedding.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good but be aware that it can cause impaction/blockage because it swells in the stomach as it absorbs all the liquid.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm guessing that it may all be related to an oncoming shed. It looks like her face/beard are getting ready for a shed. As they get older, their beards also get bigger and can be a bit saggier at times. She looks pretty healthy based on the photos.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom