does anyone know why??

Status
Not open for further replies.

arenaburch2000

Hatchling Member
My female beardie kinda just stopped eating alot lately. She would normally eat like 20 cricket every couple days and then greens every day a couple times a day. Now she wont eat more then like a leaf of greens. She is getting pretty skinny her fat pads on her head are sinking in and her tail bones are showing. Does anyone know why she might not wanna eat. Her temps are all right perfect uv lighting and everything she even goes outside regularly. Does anyone know something I could try and feed her so she can maybe be intersting and eat and gain more weight. I dont want her to get sick or anything. Please help me out anyone!

Ker6176

is she impacted? try a warm bath.

try baby food in an eye dropper with powered calcium, multi vitamin and a heavy crude fat for anorexic dragons. worked wonders for my baby dragon. he is finally growing. i hope she gets better

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
How is she today ?
Also, how old is your uvb, and what kind is it ? Old uvbs or wrong uvbs can make a dragon go off her feed.
Janie.

arenaburch2000

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Im not sure how old it is, I cant remember off the top of my head. I just got her a little bit ago and havent had her to the vet yet. Its the repti sun 10.0 and she can get SUPER close to it. She wont take baby food if anything touches her face she FREAKS out! I bought some squash for her to try and have dubia roaches and pheonix workms on the way so i guess we will try that

arenaburch2000

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
For the squash do i cook it first?? and can they have yellow squash??? I was told yes before but i just wanna make sure??

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
arenaburch2000":bed04 said:
For the squash do i cook it first?? and can they have yellow squash??? I was told yes before but i just wanna make sure??
I've never cooked the squash not even the butternut which is a harder squash. I either shred it or slice in thin slices.....remember when you cook veggie you take away from it's nutritional value. Yes they can have yellow squash mine actually seem to be attracted to the yellow items I put in the salads.

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
I used to microwave squash and my two oldest went nuts for it but I don't cook it anymore and all three love it grated. If you grate or slice thinly, you don't have to feed it to them. I would not put cooked squash in their tanks because beardies are really good at finger painting in their homes. :lol:

When my crew slows on eating, I do a fecal to rule out anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom