Dark scale, worried it could lead to infection

Druck

I noticed this scale about a week ago. My bearded dragon, Iroh, is 2 years old now. This is my first reptile, and I am still learning. I plan on vet assistance, however if there is a safe home remedy i could try before the vet im willing. I dealt with lizard mites when I got him, and am hoping this can be a "simple" issue to tackle.

This is the only scale on his entire body that looks this way.

Attachments

• IMG_6432.jpg
    IMG_6432.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6438.jpg
    IMG_6438.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6436.jpg
    IMG_6436.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 24

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I noticed this scale about a week ago. My bearded dragon, Iroh, is 2 years old now. This is my first reptile, and I am still learning. I plan on vet assistance, however if there is a safe home remedy i could try before the vet im willing. I dealt with lizard mites when I got him, and am hoping this can be a "simple" issue to tackle.

This is the only scale on his entire body that looks this way.
Lets have ahbd take a look
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Nothing to worry about, I've seen small areas of scale trauma on dragons like that including my own over many years , should be fine.:)

Druck

Original Poster
Nothing to worry about, I've seen small areas of scale trauma on dragons like that including my own over many years , should be fine.:)
thank you. I also posted on reddit before thinking to go to an actual forum page. Someone suggested regular Neosporin. Bad idea?

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Hey, don't worry too much but keep an eye on it. My dragon has had a spot like this for months and it's still fine :)

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom