Cyst on chin / jowl

Ebony_price

Beardie name(s)
Spyro
So I sent a fluid sample from my bearded dragons chin / jowl off to the lab due to him developing a cyst.
Some background - around a month ago He developed symptoms including tremors, black bearding, lethargy - I am a student nurse so room him into my practice to run blood tests (we are not an exotic practice) abnormal blood results indicated liver disease...
his ALT, cholesterol, albumin, calcium were high.
The tremors and lethargy have improved since I placed him on liver care (milk thistle), lactulose, syringe feeding greens due to being a poor veg eater, laurobolin (steroid) injections in an attempt to heal the liver.
Within a week of these symptoms I noticed some swelling to his chin, the vet too a fine needle aspirate of the site and the yellow fluid pictured is what was drawn.
(It refilled within a day of the sample being taken)
A few days ago after it seemed his liver is improving and his overall health has improved I decided to send the sample to the lab, I have attached the report they sent, myself and the vet are still unsure of what exactly it means?
I do not want to take a biopsy as that means placing him under anaesthetic etc and we do not believe it is tumour / growth related, he has not had any injuries I am awake off either.
I am yet to rerun the bloods (planning on doing this)
Does anyone have any advice regarding these results?
If the liver seems to have improved when we do t bloods, is it worth putting him on an anti inflammatory such as loxicom?
He is currently on lactulose, liver care (milk thistle), recently stopped antibiotics, laurobolin injections and puréed veg syringe fed daily.
My practice is not an exotic vet practice - whiat would you make of this case and these results? Is the cyst somehow linked to the liver problems or coincidental they occurred at the same time?
Any and all advice appreciated.
I have attached his previous blood results (the machine gave normal, high and low ranges based on lizards in general and not bearded dragons specifically so the high and low margins are incorrect - I had to research what the normal ranges were and compare) his pathology report and a photo of him and the fluid pulled from his chin.
Has anyone got experience with any of this? Or with cysts in general in reptiles? And if so what cause of action did you take?

Attachments

• D58E7741-BCB8-48F8-B55A-33960398856D.jpg
    D58E7741-BCB8-48F8-B55A-33960398856D.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 07D45BCA-B65A-4152-ACE3-C0849B60C925.jpg
    07D45BCA-B65A-4152-ACE3-C0849B60C925.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 81
  • DAB003F9-8B96-4DC4-92FE-1D3C082EDA2E.jpg
    DAB003F9-8B96-4DC4-92FE-1D3C082EDA2E.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 84
  • CB6BA81F-67E9-4055-B686-30B7C9447FD7.jpg
    CB6BA81F-67E9-4055-B686-30B7C9447FD7.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 289D976A-E6F3-44C5-B7D7-7219EB053129.jpg
    289D976A-E6F3-44C5-B7D7-7219EB053129.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 83

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, is the entire beard sagging all across or just one side ? How long was he on the antibiotics and the laurobolin and was that given before the cyst appeared ? Some meds. can exacerbate kidney problems and may cause edema which may show up in the beard. Other times the cause of a saggy beard in unknown and doesn't seem to last or to cause problems. Can you post piccs of his set up and describe the brand + wattage of your heat + uvb lights ?

jimnick

So I sent a fluid sample from my bearded dragons chin / jowl off to the lab due to him developing a cyst.
Some background - around a month ago He developed symptoms including tremors, black bearding, lethargy - I am a student nurse so room him into my practice to run blood tests (we are not an exotic practice) abnormal blood results indicated liver disease...
his ALT, cholesterol, albumin, calcium were high.
The tremors and lethargy have improved since I placed him on liver care (milk thistle), lactulose, syringe feeding greens due to being a poor veg eater, laurobolin (steroid) injections in an attempt to heal the liver.
Within a week of these symptoms I noticed some swelling to his chin, the vet too a fine needle aspirate of the site and the yellow fluid pictured is what was drawn.
(It refilled within a day of the sample being taken)
A few days ago after it seemed his liver is improving and his overall health has improved I decided to send the sample to the lab, I have attached the report they sent, myself and the vet are still unsure of what exactly it means?
I do not want to take a biopsy as that means placing him under anaesthetic etc and we do not believe it is tumour / growth related, he has not had any injuries I am awake off either.
I am yet to rerun the bloods (planning on doing this)
Does anyone have any advice regarding these results?
If the liver seems to have improved when we do t bloods, is it worth putting him on an anti inflammatory such as loxicom?
He is currently on lactulose, liver care (milk thistle), recently stopped antibiotics, laurobolin injections and puréed veg syringe fed daily.
My practice is not an exotic vet practice - whiat would you make of this case and these results? Is the cyst somehow linked to the liver problems or coincidental they occurred at the same time?
Any and all advice appreciated.
I have attached his previous blood results (the machine gave normal, high and low ranges based on lizards in general and not bearded dragons specifically so the high and low margins are incorrect - I had to research what the normal ranges were and compare) his pathology report and a photo of him and the fluid pulled from his chin.
Has anyone got experience with any of this? Or with cysts in general in reptiles? And if so what cause of action did you take?
Following

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom