corn snake substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
right now i have aspen wood chips in my corn snakes cage witch work fine. i was wondering if i could try to use that ecoearth coco fiber stuff that comes in the compressed brick thingy. is that good for corn snakes? will it stress him out if the substrate is switched? i just want to switch to see if it looks better, is cheaper and if he likes it more or less then the wood chips:p :blob5: :blob8:

Gail

BD.org Addict
I've seen people use ecoearth but you have to be really careful the humidity doesn't get to high and cause scale rot. I really don't much care for it with corn snakes. If it dries out, it gets too dusty but if its too wet, it not good either.
Aspen really is the way to go and if you can find it in really big bags, get that as it saves $$ in the long run.

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
k, i do like to use the aspen, it works great so far and never had a problem. so i think ill just stick to that because i buy the GIANT bags, like the biggest they come, and it lasts prob over a year but somethimes less. i dont want to risk my little buddy getting sick:D

BeardedAaliyah

Hatchling Member
mrgoogls":3oxjylfl said:
k, i do like to use the aspen, it works great so far and never had a problem. so i think ill just stick to that because i buy the GIANT bags, like the biggest they come, and it lasts prob over a year but somethimes less. i dont want to risk my little buddy getting sick:D

Aspen really is the best way to go. It's cheap, so you can create a 4 inch or more layer, which Cornsnakes love to burrow in. :D

BeardedAaliyah

Hatchling Member
mrgoogls":28egbt00 said:
Ik mine always burrows and never uses his hide:D

Mine either! He's either trying to get out to be with us, or trying to burrow. Although, I have to admit, Apollo isn't successful at hiding, we can always see him. :mrgreen:

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ike:) sometimes it takes a Minit to find him but I always do:D I think I should put more substrate in so he can burrow deeperXD

BeardedAaliyah

Hatchling Member
mrgoogls":1mmgcz5x said:
Ike:) sometimes it takes a Minit to find him but I always do:D I think I should put more substrate in so he can burrow deeperXD

Eh, can't hurt. :mrgreen: The rodent aspen we use is so cheap, it seems as if it will last us forever! I typically fluff up his substrate when I go in to clean his cage. :) He packs it down with his continuous weaving throughout the cage. We spot clean after feeding, but change the whole thing once a month. We rescued Apollo, and his old home was using Cedar and Pine shedding (while also feeding in the cage) - I'm surprised he's so friendly and active, but he is.

Does Ike love being out?

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
1st of all who is Ike?? :? And yes my corn loves being out of his cage I'll post a pic of him 2moro. And take a look at my thread for my corn. And feel welcome to post pics of your cOrn on my thread:D

BeardedAaliyah

Hatchling Member
mrgoogls":32xem6qq said:
1st of all who is Ike?? :? And yes my corn loves being out of his cage I'll post a pic of him 2moro. And take a look at my thread for my corn. And feel welcome to post pics of your cOrn on my thread:D

Eh, you posted "Ike:)" so I assumed you meant Ike, which referred to your snake. I make assumption...sorry. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom