BSFL calcium dusting

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
So I’m feeding my beardie BSFL (black soldier fly larvae) I read it’s the absolute best thing to feed growing baby beardies, I know they are also referred to as calciworms, because of their super high calcium. Should I be dusting them with calcium at all, I read that you can give them to much. With crickets I did three days a week dusting. And I’m also thinking about giving dubias, one day a week for some variety, should I maybe just dust the dubias if I do that?

Sushi

There is such a thing like calcium overdose, and it may/has same effect as MBD.

BSFL already themselves are very nutritious to all insectivore/omnivore reptiles. They have a very good calcium to phosphorus ratio, and therefore they do not need to be dusted.

You only need to dust other insects, and salads along with vitamins as needed.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I’m feeding my beardie BSFL (black soldier fly larvae) I read it’s the absolute best thing to feed growing baby beardies, I know they are also referred to as calciworms, because of their super high calcium. Should I be dusting them with calcium at all, I read that you can give them to much. With crickets I did three days a week dusting. And I’m also thinking about giving dubias, one day a week for some variety, should I maybe just dust the dubias if I do that?
Yes only the dubias please

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom