Brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Zing is 4 mos. He's been slowing down a lot, staying on his cool side, sleeping. Not eating as much. Im going to open the vents in his room, turn the heat on, buy a dehumidifier and a space heater and keep the door closed. Anyway, he's not lethargic at all, as a matter of fact, when I wake him, he's perky! :blob5: He's just.....slowed down I guess. I didn't think he was old enough to brummate.... but, what the hay?! :roll: They never seice(sp?) to surprise me!

P.S, if I spelt seize or seice, w/e, correct me! :lol:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I would get a vet check for him. 4 months of age for a beardie IS to young to brumate. He could have parasites. If he does this could cause death if it's a bad case and it's not taken care of.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm glad you are going to get a fecal done. It's always a good idea.

I just remembered something else that could be wrong. If his uvb is an incorrect one or is too old then that could cause his appetite to decrease. What uvb do you have? What are your temps and what do you take the temps with?
Is it a stick on or a digital thermometer with probe?

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I have repti-glo 10.0. I'm replacing this with repti-sun 10.0 tube. He hasn't had repti-glo for that long. I know breeders who use it. His cool side is 83 and hot is 97. I use stick-ons, but they're only 3 degrees off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brohelphimlol
Top Bottom