Brumation?

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
So, Hazel has been semi-brumating. Shes a young beardie so you wouldn't think she would be brumation but like every other day she will be in her hide and won't come out. Those days she isn't fed but it doesn't seem to be bothering her weight too much. I'm just wondering since she is kind of young is it ok that she isn't eating every day? I got her last June or July, and she was about 2 months when I got her putting her at about 6-8 months.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So, Hazel has been semi-brumating. Shes a young beardie so you wouldn't think she would be brumation but like every other day she will be in her hide and won't come out. Those days she isn't fed but it doesn't seem to be bothering her weight too much. I'm just wondering since she is kind of young is it ok that she isn't eating every day? I got her last June or July, and she was about 2 months when I got her putting her at about 6-8 months.
They go thru a slow down period about that age - also weather can effect them as well - just offer her food and get a weight on her see where shes at and keep track of it --

jabda

Hatchling Member
I have a 7 month female doing the same thing. She comes out to eat & poop. I wouldn't worry about it. Keep track of her weight as Kerrieree stated. It's winter...
Pictures taken today, didn't come out at 7am when the lights came on. But I did wake her up when I took the pics.
Now 9:30am she's eating 3 roaches and couple bites of greens. She'll finish the rest doing the course of the day.

Attachments

• BUR1.jpg
    BUR1.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 26
  • BUR2.jpg
    BUR2.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 30

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom