Brumation too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon Mama

Hey guys well good news and bad news I been giving my Chubbs 10 roaches 2 times a week and here and there Butterworms. Brought him to the vet and he gained 0.08G now hes 758G total even though hes eating 2 times a week though his energy has changed drastically. He is more sluggish and wont chase food or eat anything but bugs my Vet said he may be stocking up for the winter. Now I'm confused bc I didnt know Brumation could happen again he has already had 1 Brumation last winter is this something to worry about? He is only active after a bath cuz I put him under his light and he warms up. Sometimes he will wanna come out but lately just goes to his hide (even my female can't temp him out of his enclosure). He doesnt always sleep he will stick his head out and look around but not move much just sorta sluggish temp is right uvb is right day/nighttime is right hes hydrated I just worry its the weight issue
My guy Homie is doing the same thing. I haven’t had him for a winter before. He came to me in the spring last year so I’m a new inexperienced mom. Homie stopped wanting salads, then gorged himself on crickets and super worms for a good month, then stopped eating anything about 5days ago and like yours, only perks up after his bath. It’s really the only way he gets water because he refuses to drink so I hydrate him like a sponge lol. I’m worried though because he’s not going into his hide at all, but never really has. I’m having to pay for an emergency vet visit because there aren’t any dragon vets in my area. Should I be worried?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I know that many people are confused about brumation and the beardie's different behavior so your concern is understandable. Can you post pics of Homie to show his size and also pics of his entire enclosure, including the lights ? But yeah, many beardies will slow down to differennt degrees this time of year . Mine have already been sleeping for about 3 weeks, they are almost 10 yrs. old and have brumated every year once they reached adult size. It's totally normal, you don't need to see an emergency vet at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom