Brumation or not?

Ginjasnapz

Beardie name(s)
Dexie
Hi!! I need some advice. My beardie is around 23 months old. Starting around October he was getting very lethargic and not wanting to eat all the time. I was reading it could have been possible brumation as this is the time for it. His temps are good, we have a T5 HO uvb which does not need replacement yet. He did go into his hide box for one day and was in and out of being awake and napping but lately he is just either normal and energetic one day and the next he doesn’t want to move. He has been pooping. We don’t know if he’s wanting to brumate or not. Should we continue putting food in his tank with this back and forth pattern of being energized and then not moving much the next day? Thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi!! I need some advice. My beardie is around 23 months old. Starting around October he was getting very lethargic and not wanting to eat all the time. I was reading it could have been possible brumation as this is the time for it. His temps are good, we have a T5 HO uvb which does not need replacement yet. He did go into his hide box for one day and was in and out of being awake and napping but lately he is just either normal and energetic one day and the next he doesn’t want to move. He has been pooping. We don’t know if he’s wanting to brumate or not. Should we continue putting food in his tank with this back and forth pattern of being energized and then not moving much the next day? Thanks
Sounds like hes slowing down for the winter - as long as he is continuing to come out keep offering the food - he may or may not eat - keep him hydrated please - your T 5 is it inside the tank or top of screen? What kind of screen? fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type ?

Ginjasnapz

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dexie
It’s not wide hole so we have the uvb inside the tank 12-14 inches from his basking spot. He just pooped right now so ok we will keep offering the food. Sometimes he eats and sometimes he won’t. Is it ok if he doesn’t want to go into the hide? He will just lay around in the same spot some days and be lazy.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It’s not wide hole so we have the uvb inside the tank 12-14 inches from his basking spot. He just pooped right now so ok we will keep offering the food. Sometimes he eats and sometimes he won’t. Is it ok if he doesn’t want to go into the hide? He will just lay around in the same spot some days and be lazy.
Yes they will lay where they are most comfortable

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom