Boundless energy!!!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If you have a small l.e.d. flashlight (if you don't you can get one at any car parts store or walmart for 10.00 or less) you can candle light their tails to sex them. BE CAREFUL those little l.e.d. light can get hot. Dont burn them. Place the light on the top side right behind the vent. Look at the bottom side. If either is a male you should be able to see the shadow of two hemipenes. One on each side of the tail

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
If you have a small l.e.d. flashlight (if you don't you can get one at any car parts store or walmart for 10.00 or less) you can candle light their tails to sex them. BE CAREFUL those little l.e.d. light can get hot. Dont burn them. Place the light on the top side right behind the vent. Look at the bottom side. If either is a male you should be able to see the shadow of two hemipenes. One on each side of the tail
Well the fact the vet checked both I kinda went with his diagnosis of 2 females but I will have him check again. This is just odd never had 2 females try to mate with each other I have had male/female but not female/female. Them wanting to lay eggs I can see if that is why they want to explore constantly not even a month since it first all started

Jessss

Well the fact the vet checked both I kinda went with his diagnosis of 2 females but I will have him check again. This is just odd never had 2 females try to mate with each other I have had male/female but not female/female. Them wanting to lay eggs I can see if that is why they want to explore constantly not even a month since it first all started
The light thing can be done with different lights not sure but your phone torch may work? Just be careful when doing so as you don’t want to bend them about too much if they do have eggs but agree with above comment.
I wouldn’t at all let them mount eachother or even be out at the same time,they would not be together in the wild they would be able to get away from eachother and out of each other’s territory.Them being always near eachother or seeing eachother will cause them both stress and even more health problems.I would look at moving one of them out away from the other and no longer allowing them to mount or even be out at the same time or see eachother.If they are carrying eggs or one is and you’re allowing the other to mount it will make the problem 10x worse,please keep them separated at all times.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The light thing can be done with different lights not sure but your phone torch may work? Just be careful when doing so as you don’t want to bend them about too much if they do have eggs but agree with above comment.
I wouldn’t at all let them mount eachother or even be out at the same time,they would not be together in the wild they would be able to get away from eachother and out of each other’s territory.Them being always near eachother or seeing eachother will cause them both stress and even more health problems.I would look at moving one of them out away from the other and no longer allowing them to mount or even be out at the same time or see eachother.If they are carrying eggs or one is and you’re allowing the other to mount it will make the problem 10x worse,please keep them separated at all times.
Sadly I'm unable to keep them apart obviously they only get as close as I let them be. They settle down when the run out of energy they stay a good 4 feet from each other. If they are aggressive or bob wave I immediately put one back the strange thing is that I can hold them both or let both roam in my backyard and they go and roam alone. I'm hoping it's a phase because I have never seen this restlessness they are generally NEVER together outside/inside my house. But they want to be together lately so it's hard I need to buckle down and not give in to them scratching. I end up taking them out IMMEDIATELY due to fear of them hurting themselves THAT is why I take them out otherwise I would let them scratch away and expell their energy

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom