Bonnie the beardie needs urgent help

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneirish1

hey okay so i have a breading pair of beardies and my female Bonnie laid her clutch a few days ago HOWEVER I have been keeping an eye on her as she has not been looking to good after the clutch. so this morning when the lights came on in the tank there was one more egg right by her. she must have had it last night when the ligths when out. well i put her in some warm water and it seemed to make her feel a little bit better HOWEVER i felt 3 more eggs inside her. I unfortunatly cant afford to take her to a vet and i'm freaking out becuase i dont know what to do! she does look ALOT better than she did yesterday. her head is up and she seems to be checking everything out as well as her color is back. but like i said she still has these 3 eggs inside and i've managed to move them down from her chest towards her legs what do you suggest as far as home remedies? i dont want to lose her but yet cant afford a vet this month !!!!!!! help help help!!!!

Pleaides

Juvie Member
hello
sorry i personally cannot help you as i have never bred beadies but maybe you should PM tracie (Drache613) to help you out or you may be better to post in the breeding section and more breeders may see it and help you out more.
hope shes ok and lays those last 3!

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
You have a breeding pair? If you dont have the money for a vet I dont think that its the best idea to have your bearded dragons breeding. Are they housed together? Over breeding can also become a big problem and put a lot of stress on your female.

that being said I dont know much about "home remedies" for eggs that havent passed yet. Ill look around on this website for you though and see if anyone else has had the problem.

perhaps try this website and click on the Egg Binding link under contents
http://www.bio.miami.edu/ktosney/file/BDeggs.html#Anchor-Egg-23240

wizbee

Juvie Member
First off beardies shouldn't be housed together. If you are a breeder you must be prepared. Do you have the incubator setup? What are you doing with the eggs she has already laid? Boga laid eggs for the first time this year and laid two clutches a week apart. Are you supplimenting her calcium? Keep her hydrated also with warm baths.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

There really is not any home remedies for "getting eggs out" of her if she still has eggs in her.
Try to increase her oral fluids right now & make sure that she is getting extra calcium, as well. If she is not eggbound then she should have no problem laying her final eggs.
I do think that she should be separated from the male though just to decrease her stress levels while she tries to finish laying the remainder of her eggs. Also, so he doesn't try to continue mating with her too.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom