BMs during brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.
How often should a beardie pass a bm if brumating? He’s not eating and is spending time on the cool side of his tank. He will eat bugs however, just not salad. He will move around if I take him out, but ultimately just looks to hide under something to take a nap (as usual). I’m worried he has a partial obstruction, but he did have two bms last week after I bathed him and gave him water orally. I don’t think he has eaten since then, and I know it’s normal for them not to. So do they not poop during brumation too?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How often should a beardie pass a bm if brumating? He’s not eating and is spending time on the cool side of his tank. He will eat bugs however, just not salad. He will move around if I take him out, but ultimately just looks to hide under something to take a nap (as usual). I’m worried he has a partial obstruction, but he did have two bms last week after I bathed him and gave him water orally. I don’t think he has eaten since then, and I know it’s normal for them not to. So do they not poop during brumation too?
If they are not eating they will not poop -- older dragons poop less often - I have 2 of them one is going on 4 and the other 3 - they usually dont poop for 3 weeks to a month - that is when they are eating --- less when the appetite slows down --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom