Bloomington, IL Craigslist beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Darn you Craigslist!! I was noodling around, minding my own business, looking for a larger viv and getting an idea on pricing, and came across this poor guy-
http://bn.craigslist.org/pet/3328453585.html
:(
I guess he doesn't look as awful as some of the CL rescues I've seen/heard about, but still. Poor little dear could use some love :(

... If I could convince my dad to let me have another reptile in his house, and if the owners will lower their price, I would absolutely drive the 2+ hours and take him in. However, those are pretty big "if"'s, plus I wouldn't be able to afford unreasonably large vet bills, if there were any! :( :(

So as much as I would love to, I'm thinking he would be better off in hands that aren't as tangled in "if"'s!

Momswims1

Juvie Member
Poor little baby. He must be suffering. Maybe you could talk them into letting you have it for $50 or less if you show them a picture of a healthy dragon. Bet they don't even know that the animal is severely malnourished. And you could explain that it will have to go to the vet and that is a cost, too. See if you can talk them down. That poor little baby needs a good home! Good luck.

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I know! The more I think about him the sadder I get. :( I did leave a voicemail, but haven't gotten a response. I also emailed the poster with some info about a couple of reptile rescue organizations and how they can give the poor guy to one of those if they can't sell him. (which, I doubt anyone is going to pay $100 for a dragon that will cost at least that much in vet bills :?)
I'm 99.999% sure I can't have another dragon here, even if it's just to get him healthy and act as a foster home until he can be adopted out to a loving home. :( But, if there's no possible way I can have another dragon, I'm seriously willing to pay part of the fee even if all I can do for the poor darling is give him a bath and drop him off with a rescue organization.

Also, thank you so much for the suggestion of showing them a picture of a healthy beardie, I didn't even think of that!!! <3

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Momswims1":3h3t5so5 said:
Here's hoping!!! Best wishes. Why do people treat animals that way? I just don't get it.
I don't get it either :( :( :( And thank you! I've been texting this person and it sounds like I'll need all the good wishes and luck I can get, lol.
I informed him of a few reptile rescue places in his area and he texted me: "Rescue??? That's funny :-D I forgot i didnt no how to care for reptiles since my family and i have been breeding them for over 30 years"
...whatever you say dude :roll: I asked which reptiles and he said snakes, like Retics and Boas and Burmese. Well there's part of your problem sir or ma'am, snake husbandry and dragon husbandry aren't the same. Anyone who knows anything about reptiles would know that. Good grief.
Edit: He apparently brings snakes to the All Animal Expo in Wheaton, IL. It's close to where I live so I told him if he met me at the show w/ the dragon I'd give him $75. I doubt that any breeder would want to be seen at a show with a skinny dusty bearded dragon though. Might cast some doubts on his reputation....

Momswims1

Juvie Member
Maybe that's part of his problem. He just sees them as something to breed and make money on, but not as pets. Thirty years, huh? Hmmm.

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Momswims1":2vrzqigq said:
Maybe that's part of his problem. He just sees them as something to breed and make money on, but not as pets. Thirty years, huh? Hmmm.
Apparently they don't have a website, and I couldn't get a breeder name out of him either, even though I thought I was pretty smooth about it lol. ;) (maybe he knew I was secretly considering reporting him). Sigh. I tried! :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom