Blood

jabda

Hatchling Member
Jethro & Charlie have been courting for 1 week. Jethro has all the sign, stomp front legs, black beard, head bobbing, dancing around her.
Both are virgins. Today when I got them out of their tanks it took a little while but he made his move. Got her pinned down and proceeded.
The last minute his eyes closed. Thought he was dead. LOL
They were locked couple minutes. When they broke I noticed Jethro had blood on one of his back legs and a spot on the carpet a little less
than a dime. Charlie had no blood on her. Is this normal? At the present time they re cuddling in the corner of the room.
Thanks
p.s. I had attempted to breed Jethro a few months back but the female turned out to be a male. Aborted mission...

Attachments

• locked.jpg
    locked.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 69
  • lock2.jpg
    lock2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 51

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Jethro & Charlie have been courting for 1 week. Jethro has all the sign, stomp front legs, black beard, head bobbing, dancing around her.
Both are virgins. Today when I got them out of their tanks it took a little while but he made his move. Got her pinned down and proceeded.
The last minute his eyes closed. Thought he was dead. LOL
They were locked couple minutes. When they broke I noticed Jethro had blood on one of his back legs and a spot on the carpet a little less
than a dime. Charlie had no blood on her. Is this normal? At the present time they re cuddling in the corner of the room.
Thanks
p.s. I had attempted to breed Jethro a few months back but the female turned out to be a male. Aborted mission...
We need ahbd to advise on this flagging to her'
@AHBD

jabda

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Blood second lock on...spot at the top from his leg

Attachments

• bloooooode.jpg
    bloooooode.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 41

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
This has happened to at least one of my males in the past. The reason this happened can be seen in the first pic [ zoom in ] when he clasped her with his back feet, his claws got in there and snagged his hemipene. It's likely that he will heal and have no problem in the future but that is the cause of the bleeding. BTW it's good to keep them separated , esp. for the females sake who may get stressed by constant breeding.

jabda

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
This has happened to at least one of my males in the past. The reason this happened can be seen in the first pic [ zoom in ] when he clasped her with his back feet, his claws got in there and snagged his hemipene. It's likely that he will heal and have no problem in the future but that is the cause of the bleeding. BTW it's good to keep them separated , esp. for the females sake who may get stressed by constant breeding.
Will the injury affect his ability to reproduce?
How long will it take to heal generally?
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom