Blood loss

Reptigeek

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Darwin
Yesterday I noticed a lot of blood splatter inside and outside of his terrarium. I checked his body and found no wounds. I did notice part of the tip of his toenail missing. He has screen sides to the terrarium that he climbs on when active. Today he is very lethargic and I swear his eye color changed from yellow/orange to a blue/grey. I'm kind of worried that he lost too much blood. It is no longer bleeding though. Can't get to vet for 4 more hours. Any ideas?

Reptigeek

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Darwin
He is very healthy, but very old...12-15. Got him as a "rescue" from a fellow employee.
Any ideas about the change in eye color? Could this be an anemia symptom?

Reptigeek

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Darwin
RIP Darwin! Died at vet office. Took him in so they could see him. Too much blood to be from toe nail. He must have had some underlying condition due to his age (close to 15). Vet was amazed at how healthy he looked. Just ate 3 large hornworms Wednesday, was fine yesterday (except for blood seen), and then lethargic and black beard this morning. He must have coughed up the blood.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
RIP Darwin! Died at vet office. Took him in so they could see him. Too much blood to be from toe nail. He must have had some underlying condition due to his age (close to 15). Vet was amazed at how healthy he looked. Just ate 3 large hornworms Wednesday, was fine yesterday (except for blood seen), and then lethargic and black beard this morning. He must have coughed up the blood.
How terrible for you -- I am so sorry -- he had a long life tho--- it is amazing they can be fine one minute and gone the next --- I am sorry for your loss -- :cry:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom