Blackness under scales on chin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becca967

Hi every one, this is my Duggie, for months now he has had the blackness under his scales on his chin it stays their and doesn’t fade, it also looks like one of his spikes is hanging if or having in grow underneath. Does any one know what this may be?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 166

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Based on that photo, his beard looks nice and healthy. The black at the base of the scales is natural coloring and he is showing a bright orange beard which I consider to be an indication of happiness/contentment. Certainly nothing to worry about there. I'm not sure which scale you're concerned with. I don't see one that stands out in the photo. Does it look dull like a shed is coming on? They can shed small clusters of scales and sometimes just a single scale will shed off. It will just turn dull/waxy and eventually break loose like a shed typically does.

Hi every one, this is my Duggie, for months now he has had the blackness under his scales on his chin it stays their and doesn’t fade, it also looks like one of his spikes is hanging if or having in grow underneath. Does any one know what this may be?
First of all, I would check the temp of his tank. If it is oddly high or low get that fixed immediately. If he is showing the behavioral signs that he is stressed that could be causing the blackness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom