black throat/beard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducky617

i just got home from my girlfriends and saw that his throat is very black

i glanced at the other posts and saw that they said thiers was not moving or eating when this happend but mine is still moving and eating.

this is also the first time he has pooped in a few days and it looks hard...

im am a bit scared

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
well if you do more then 1 second of research you will find that a bearded dragons name come from males getting BLACK beards....[comment edited by moderator. Since this is a PG-13 forum, please keep the language clean as some parents would not appreciate reading words like that, thanks]

Seven65

Juvie Member
If he hasn't been pooping recently try feeding him some applesauce, it should help. Also do you give him baths? He may need some extra hydration.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Black beards can be a sign that a beardie is interested in breeding since it is the breeding season. BUT, it can also be a sign that something is causing your male some discomfort. Since his poop was very hard, he may have been dehydrated which caused him to be uncomfortable when he was trying to poop. I suggest you bathe him a couple times a day for about 15 to 20 min each time until he is able to pass a soft brown poop and soft urate. After that, bathing at least 3 to 4 times a wk is a good idea. Make sure you are monitoring the temps with either a temp gun or digital with a probe end as those are the only 2 ways to get accurate readings. How old is your male and how often are you using calcium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom