Black Dying Scale?

orangeansel

hey this is Vito my 7month old red tiger beardie. on both sides of his face he has had stuck shed for weeks, and is just beginning to shed for the first time in 2 months. Im a bit concerned about the by his left eye, it looks black. should i wait until he sheds or should i do something to help?
any help telling me what this is or what to do would be appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_4315.jpeg
    IMG_4315.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4316.jpeg
    IMG_4316.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 23

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
hey this is Vito my 7month old red tiger beardie. on both sides of his face he has had stuck shed for weeks, and is just beginning to shed for the first time in 2 months. Im a bit concerned about the by his left eye, it looks black. should i wait until he sheds or should i do something to help?
any help telling me what this is or what to do would be appreciated
I would dilute some raw unpasteurized honey with some luke warm water and use a qtip to dab it on that area for several days, and keep an eye on it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That looks like it could be a little fungal issue but not sure. As suggested, you can try the raw honey on
the area to help out in case it might be fungal. Hopefully it's just some retained shed that will gradually
shed off.

Tracie

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom