black area

Status
Not open for further replies.

darla200010

Sub-Adult Member
Hi, I took my brothers beardie as I felt he was not caring for him at all. Mind you we are both adults. I just couldn't stand by anymore. He is in terrible shape. MBD bad. I saw this black area near his pores. I tried to do a search but all that came up was alot of black beardings and basking spot questions. Hope someone knows what this might be.
100_2009.jpg

This pic isn't very good. I'll try to get a better one as soon as my son gets home to help me.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
HI. It was good of you to take your brothers beardie in.
I really cant tell what that spot is, if you do get some better pictures maybe someone will see it and know what it is.

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
Humm it could be a type of mold. Does it wash off and then come back? What are your Humidity levels at? And what do you take them with? What type of substrate was used and what are you using now?

Try putting some Neosporin on it for a few days. Judah has had a few black spot in verious areas. Like for instance he ran into the wall the otherday and after he then had a black spot on his nose where he hit the wall. Almost like he brused it, if that is possable. I put some neosporin on it with pain relief, just incase. He has had other little odd black spots before, it had always cleared up with the neosporin.

darla200010

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It wouldn't wash off at all. I don't have substrate. This was my brothers son's beardie that I confiscated last week. He had no uvb and they hardly ever fed him. They joked about should call me so I could come feed him. I didn't think it was funny at all. Since I've had him he has fattened up considerably and I got a uvb(reptisun 10.0) and got a basking spot for him. I don't have an enclosure for him as I hadn't planned on taking him. I needed to set him up in an extra tote. I do have a probe temp and check temps during the day. Temps have been in the 90's. The room he is in is pretty warm as I have many critters all with lights. He is older than my beardie who is 16months old but is not even 1/2 her size. He was so skinny and lifeless I thought he was dead. I bet he wished he was dead. His eyes were just little slits and he was so cold he couldn't even move. My brother had turned the heat off in his house while they were gone that week and the temp was in the low 20's. I took "sparky" home and gave him a series of warm baths to warm him up gradually. He pooped in the tub this mass of blood and I thought he wouldn't make it through the day. He did and seems to be doing good. I know he's too old to be eating like a pig but I give him all he can hold. I started slow at first to see if he would keep them down. After that first day I upped his temp to 99 for awhile. I didn't mean to go off like this but it broke my heart. I just don't understand this kind of neglect.

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
That is so sad. :cry: It makes me so mad that people can treat God's little creatures so badly. I am so glade that you rescued him and it sounds like he will have a better life from now on. It coudl be that he was exposed to too much humidity with the heat being off, and as I mentioned it coudl be mold. So try the neosporin and get an enclosure (asap obviously) with temps around 100-105 in the basking area. Hopefully the neo will help clear it up.

darla200010

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I did try the hotter basking spot but he doesn't like it that hot, so I lowered it. I think he is 18months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom