BITING

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevef646

My Beardie keeps trying to bite me and I am not sure what to do about it. I did realize the temps were a bit low in his tank so have raised the temps. Should I be fearful of his bite? Will it hurt or should I just let him do it so he will know he does not scare me.

akingsley9000

Gray-bearded Member
What are your temps now?

How are you taking your temps?

What are you using for UVB?

How long have you had him?

bekki10

Mine bit me once, and has never bit me again. I think he did it just to see if he could scare me and get away with it. Needless to say we are friends again now, and alway's have cuddles.
Also make sure that your hands dont smell of food, wash your hands before and after handling him or other beardies.

steol5589

Hatchling Member
8 inches from head to tail and hes 6 months old.thats tiny.are you sure youve got those measurements right.

Balthazar

I have a 7 month old beardie and she was mean too. She would bite, hiss, and ran crazily around the tank. The bite doesn't hurt too much and she would open her mouth to me when i picked her up. I handled her a lot on a daily basis even if she was being mean. I would put my hand in the tank, offer her food and if she started opening her mouth i'd shove a little bit of shreded carrot in her mouth. Once i got her out of the cage she would open her mouth at me so i would rub under her beard and gently close her mouth. After a month she chilled out and now only let's me handle her. :) Just keep handling and don't be afraid, you have to let them know who's boss.

stevef646

Original Poster
Thanks for the information. I just bought him a bigger tank. I have 2 beardies in the same tank, they seem to get along fine. I will start trying to handle him more and see if that will work, if I can catch him.

kirby

Extreme Poster
my advice,

get over it! its a little dragon the size of your index finger. if you react and show him biting, gets rid of you and that pesky giant hand, he will keep doing it. whereas, if you show him biting, flaring and bearding has NO effect, he will give up. trust me, bites, beards, flaring and badgering from an adult dragon is FAR worse. at most he will give you a few scratches... he's tiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom