Best greens/veggies/fruits? (More inside)

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys I been doing a Kale Collard Greens and Escarole (sometimes dandelions) blend 2 times a day but I wanna revamp it and offer others.

I heard Kale should be given 2-3 times a week though I have been doing 7 days a week (they go few days without eating greens though). I would love to add some pop and color to their diet even if it's a hit and a miss. I'm willing to try anything for a variety even if they hate it or love it

What are YOUR greens veggies and fruits blend? I kept this meme because of the colorful blend they used though I also thought it was hilarious

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221118-200244.jpg
    Screenshot_20221118-200244.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 126

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey guys I been doing a Kale Collard Greens and Escarole (sometimes dandelions) blend 2 times a day but I wanna revamp it and offer others.

I heard Kale should be given 2-3 times a week though I have been doing 7 days a week (they go few days without eating greens though). I would love to add some pop and color to their diet even if it's a hit and a miss. I'm willing to try anything for a variety even if they hate it or love it

What are YOUR greens veggies and fruits blend? I kept this meme because of the colorful blend they used though I also thought it was hilarious
here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale info it is outdated
Nutrition Content

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I had this saved somewhere but lost it till now lol so it's it safe to feed kale 27/4 or in moderation? I have always have had questions about endive and chicory too some say they are fine but others say they are not
that website should give you ideas - I switch mine up between turnip / kale /collard and escarole

Axil

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
I found this a graphic created by @karmakollector in this thread to be very useful:
BDNutritionInfo.jpg

It's easier for me to reference than the beautiful dragons info, and helps me establish a baseline.

Personally I provide kale pretty much every day because i grow it in my home. I also generally have cilantro and have started adding some bell pepper.

My yard is full of dandelions and we don't spray so I really should utilize them. My daughter recently harvested a bunch to make jelly that the people in my family are going to eat, so i really need to get over my "but it came from outside, it could have bad stuff on it" hang-up! :banghead:

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby

Are you near a Walmart? If so, they have a bag of greens called "Southern Greens" that has mustard/collard/turnip greens in one bag.

Very convenient because I feed my beardie, and my BSFLs/Dubias with this as well.

Axil

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
Are you near a Walmart? If so, they have a bag of greens called "Southern Greens" that has mustard/collard/turnip greens in one bag.

Very convenient because I feed my beardie, and my BSFLs/Dubias with this as well.
i'll have to look for that mix, I hate getting a big bag of just one thing Beebz will never finish anyway. How do you feed your BSFL? Just put it in on top of whatever substrate they come in? Mine always come in a cup, i figured it would rot if put any greens in there.

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
i'll have to look for that mix, I hate getting a big bag of just one thing Beebz will never finish anyway. How do you feed your BSFL? Just put it in on top of whatever substrate they come in? Mine always come in a cup, i figured it would rot if put any greens in there.
I actually put a baby carrot or slice of apple on top of the bsfl substrate because they all gather around the food and it makes it easier to get them out without the loose substrate.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I actually put a baby carrot or slice of apple on top of the bsfl substrate because they all gather around the food and it makes it easier to get them out without the loose substrate.
Weird I have never actually fed my BSFL they come in a premade cup that has all the food they need all I do is keep it slightly moist.

I order them all (besides crickets) from Josh's froggs

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster

I'll definitely check that out I am weary of prepackaged greens for my beardies but it'll be easier to get them all rather than searching everywhere for specific greens

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
I'll definitely check that out I am weary of prepackaged greens for my beardies but it'll be easier to get them all rather than searching everywhere for specific greens
They are pre-washed (I still wash them again), and they seem to last longer than the individual bundles of veggies.

It really is convenient. I wash them when I am half asleep in the morning, put his plate in the viv while he is still asleep.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
They are pre-washed (I still wash them again), and they seem to last longer than the individual bundles of veggies.

It really is convenient. I wash them when I am half asleep in the morning, put his plate in the viv while he is still asleep.
Ya been there done that don't care how many times it says prewashed I still wash them anyways.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom