Being outside

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
My Amber generally has no problem being outside and roaming but my Chubbs seems petrified.

For instance I'm outside and my Chubbs ran immediately under my leg (for shelter). She is very skiddish what's the best way to comfort and reinforce that she is safe with me? Because being in the sun roaming and exercising is definitely great for them.

As I said Amber has no problem being outside 99.9% of the time she loves being outside

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I've had the best luck just letting them sit on me. Most of mine will run back in the house if the slinding door is open and i put them on the ground.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I hold Rocky in my arms or let him sit on my lap. I dont have the time or energy to check the grass. There are birds everywhere and Rocky is picking up speed these days.
Too many safety concerns for me to let him wander.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I'm fortunate enough that my back yard is completely walled in from one side of my house all the way around to the other with a 6 foot block wall. I don't have to worry about them running off, but i do have to watch for falcons so i don't let them roam much because of the birds. They have tried to get my beardies and ferrets alike, i was holding my beardie when the butthole tried to snatch her. It was night when they tried to get my ferret. I thought it was safe so i let them out, the falcons pinned Addy under a piece of wood i was working with.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom