Beardie Poop

AmberB

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bob
I am a new beardie owner he was given to me by someone else on December 15. He hasn’t pooped a full log in almost 2 weeks and my son was changing his set up in his tank and I believe that stressed him out because he kept wanting to get out of the tank he’s very calm right now. He’s calm when I’m around him. But his poop looks like this today in the bath and I’m just wondering is this a concern or not?

Attachments

• 8A08650E-046A-4D11-878F-7F570BBCF1A5.jpeg
    8A08650E-046A-4D11-878F-7F570BBCF1A5.jpeg
    384.3 KB · Views: 54
  • FullSizeRender.MOV
    5.6 MB

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am a new beardie owner he was given to me by someone else on December 15. He hasn’t pooped a full log in almost 2 weeks and my son was changing his set up in his tank and I believe that stressed him out because he kept wanting to get out of the tank he’s very calm right now. He’s calm when I’m around him. But his poop looks like this today in the bath and I’m just wondering is this a concern or not?
Ok the steam in the bath is not recommended---- it can cause RI's -- I cant see the poop very good--- please go over the UVB your using coil or long tube fixture and the surface basking temps - dragons 6 months and up need surface basking temps of 95-100 -- taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- stick ons or analogs are inaccurate --

AmberB

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bob
Ok the steam in the bath is not recommended---- it can cause RI's -- I cant see the poop very good--- please go over the UVB your using coil or long tube fixture and the surface basking temps - dragons 6 months and up need surface basking temps of 95-100 -- taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- stick ons or analogs are inaccurate --

AmberB

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bob
Sorry about the picture blurry my camera probably needed wiped off first. There was t steam in the bath, his water was around 89degrees. The uvb bulb came with him so I’m not sure if the kind it’s a 24in tube. Let me try to zoom in the pic & attach it

Attachments

• 7163EF33-6129-4645-A73D-E39F8925E1DB.jpeg
    7163EF33-6129-4645-A73D-E39F8925E1DB.jpeg
    428.5 KB · Views: 42

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I lost track of the poop issue--- it is not uncommon for dragons not to poop for awhile- hes going thru some relocation stress so that can be effecting the pooping --- what are you feeding him?

AmberB

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bob
I’m not sure of the brand of the UVB bulb because it was with him when I got him I got him on the 15th, but it’s about 8 inches away from his basking spot, and he has a screen mesh top. So the people I got him from was feeding him mostly super worms multiple times a week like Monday and Tuesday. Super worms Wednesday, Romain Thursday, no food Friday and Saturday super worms and Sunday no food that was the schedule that they had him on but since he’s an adult he needs more greens then worms so I’m trying to get him adjusted to more greens and fruit. So far I’ve given him Romain lettuce, and today he had collard greens and kale. And he’s eating a couple of blackberries and blueberries here and there. On Friday I might just go buy him a new UVB bulb because I don’t know how old that one is or the brand I’m not even sure how they were caring for him but I wanna make sure it’s proper.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I’m not sure of the brand of the UVB bulb because it was with him when I got him I got him on the 15th, but it’s about 8 inches away from his basking spot, and he has a screen mesh top. So the people I got him from was feeding him mostly super worms multiple times a week like Monday and Tuesday. Super worms Wednesday, Romain Thursday, no food Friday and Saturday super worms and Sunday no food that was the schedule that they had him on but since he’s an adult he needs more greens then worms so I’m trying to get him adjusted to more greens and fruit. So far I’ve given him Romain lettuce, and today he had collard greens and kale. And he’s eating a couple of blackberries and blueberries here and there. On Friday I might just go buy him a new UVB bulb because I don’t know how old that one is or the brand I’m not even sure how they were caring for him but I wanna make sure it’s proper.
ok your on a good start--- the most important thing in his tank are his surface basking temps and his UVB -- they are imperative to his health and behavior---- so I would replace the UVB bulb since you dont know how old it is --- next you want a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 24 watt 12% bulb -- make sure your getting surface basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer--- here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale info it is outdated and a great staple feeder Nutrition Content
he should have a staple insect fed 2-3 times per week -- salads every day super worms can be fed every 2-3 days- they are not a staple feeder --- dubia roaches crickets BSFL and silk worms are staple feeders-- I can post websites for you they are cheaper to get on line in the long run ---

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom