Beardie Never comes out HELPPPP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon is 9 months old now, he has the right heating and uvb florescent lighting. But for some reason it seems as he is still brumating. Its been happening for about a month now he only comes out of his hideout if i place him outside of it, once out i give him water and attempt to give him crickets and vegetables but rarely eats, about an hour later he goes back into his hideout. I have double checked everything including humidity temperature and everything else, Ohh also he has been doing regular poo's. Can anybody help my out here in what might be wrong with him or is he in brumation. OHHH another thing is i have been to my reptile store and bought electrolite or something like that and its ment to cure bearded dragons if they have anything i give him one drop a day but it seems to have no effect.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
This is really not the season that dragons brumate, though I am not sure where you live... So here is what I suggest. Take some poo in for a fecal. Parasites often will mask and imitate brumation. I highly suspect that your dragon may indeed have them. Is he loosing weight ?

Also, when was the last time that UVB was changed out ?
What kind is it ? Tube/MVB/ Coil/compact ?

Do you offer a soak once a week ?
When he does emerge to eat, does he have proper basking time before he heads back to snooze ?

Hope this helps out !
Janie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom